After a manual selection (Freehand selection tool) followed by the use of the Flood select tool, it is impossible to deselect. I have to save the file and reopen it again.

P.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

1 minute ago, Chris B said:

Hey Pattou,

Ctrl+D will deselect the selection for me. What am I missing? 

Hi Chris,

Sure, I know Ctrl+D ;) I use it all the time but sometimes (it happened 3 times in two days), it is simply impossible to deselect (either ctrlD or via the menu), marching ants remain visible too. It is a bug I prefer mentioning.

P.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

The next time this happens, could you try zooming in/out when Ctrl+D doesn't seem to fix it? It might be a redraw issue that would need addressing. 

Ok, I'll try this way. My files are quite huge too... maybe it is linked ?

On 7/10/2019 at 2:47 PM, Chris B said:

The next time this happens, could you try zooming in/out when Ctrl+D doesn't seem to fix it? It might be a redraw issue that would need addressing. 

Chris,

Zooming in/out does nothing. I have to make a new selection and then Ctrl+D is functional again. Not a big deal but a bug.

Patrick

Just now, MEB said:

Hi Pattou,
I'm not able to reproduce this either. Are you able to reproduce it intentionally? If so, any chance you can record a small clip/video while you perform those action (full app window visible). Maybe we are missing some detail. Thank you.

Hi MEB,

Not intentionally. I can do many selections during one editing and it stochastically happens.

Patrick