You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello there,

Many thanks for the Affinity Publisher 1.7 app i bought.

My problem is how to get the imported pdf files to "take on" my properties on my MasterPage. It doesn't follow the right margin. I have tried "Open" then browse and find my file and then open it. It opens nicely but doesn't follow the margin I have set out. The same happens when opening through "Place" and then drag out the text frame. The same for Publisher Beta, as well as in the sharp version, when I import files from InDesign and Adobe FrameMaker.

Also how to get the text frames to appear like one text frame on each page. The pdf book files I want to use (to edit for reprint) are originally created many years ago in Pagemaker 6.5 for Mac. I tried to convert them in Indesign CS6 but gave up, to much editing and formatting. AP opens it better. Some of my pdf book files are created in Adobe FrameMaker 6 for Mac but they discontinued that app for Mac many years ago.

Can someone here guide or help me to a solution or is it a bug?

If someone  has made a book template would also be fine, maybe I have set wrong properties.

Attached is a screen dump of a page.

On forehand thanks,

Bertil

Mac Mini, OS Sierra.

Skärmavbild 2019-07-10 kl. 13.38.05.png

A few thoughts:

• First, File > Open of a PDF gives you a new document, so there are no pre-established margins, except any that Publisher might infer from the PDF contents. With Open the PDF opens in a new document tab, and your previously setup Master Page, with margins and stuff, is in the prior document tab.
  • Next, File > Place will give you only one page of the PDF document. You get to choose which page, but you only get one. So, File > Open is probably a better approach.

Once you have the file open, you should be able to use File > Spread Setup... to setup your margins.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.