You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Upgrade to version 1.7.1. I am in trouble, please help me!!

I downloaded version 1.7.1 of Affinity Photo from the Affinity website and it now requires my product key which I do not know where to get.  I was on v 1.6.7 and just wanted to upgrade to 1.7.1

My previous version has been overwritten and I cannot open 1.7.1 without my product key.  I believe my mistake was to download the full version instead of the upgrade.

I could not find a link to the upgrade.

How do I now restore my version 1.6.7 and where to I find a link to v1.7.1?

I am in trouble as I cannot open Affinity Photo at all!!!

3 hours ago, Gerican said:

My previous version has been overwritten and I cannot open 1.7.1 without my product key.  I believe my mistake was to download the full version instead of the upgrade.

There are no program patches, only full version installers. I believe your mistake was to download from the wrong place.

I see from your previous posts that you’re a Mac user who purchased a copy of Affinity Photo more than two years ago. The Mac versions of the Affinity apps were only available from the Mac App Store (MAS) until last year, so you need to log in to the MAS to install the update for your version; since MAS apps are tied to your Apple ID there are no product keys.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Dear Alfred

Many thanks for your prompt response. I greatly appreciate it.

I can only find the full version of Affinity Photo 1.7.1 on the Apple Store at a cost of R722 (South African currency).

Can you please direct me to where I can find the upgrade version?

Many thanks and kind regards

Anton

1 hour ago, Gerican said:

I can only find the full version of Affinity Photo 1.7.1 on the Apple Store at a cost of R722 (South African currency).

Hi Gerican, The App Store can not see that you have Affinity Photo installed because your original version has been overwritten.

I would delete the version from Affinity that you downloaded from the Affinity website.

You need to go to the App Store Purchases Tab, make sure that you sign in with the Apple ID that you used for your original purchase. You should see Affinity Photo here, it remembers all of your purchases even if they have been deleted,  it will offer the option to install