You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

terrible color rendering opening .PSD file

srg

13 hours ago, MEB said:

Thanks for the file srg. Affinity Photo renders the file exactly as Photoshop display it (see screenshot below). Seems a Preview app issue.

comparison2.jpg

The good original color was the first I posted. Preview opened that .PSD correctly that is why I used it. The two images you showed have the wrong colors. 

10 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi srg,
What program have you used to create this PSD? Was it created Affinity Photo? If so do you mind uploading the original .afphoto file using the link I posted above please? I see some programs are opening the file as Photoshop/Affinity Photo while others open as Preview app.

Yes I use AP to save in PSD. Now I not sure the file was uploaded but I after I resized the to 1440 DPI it is too big for PSD so I guess useless for your purposes.

But since we are on theme I attach two screen shots 

1) the file as is now at 1440 DPI, I just. scaled the image to 1440 DPI and the file is 414.9 MB on the Get info of the finder and about 700 on AP screen, not very big in any case I think since I started with a pixel shift resolution image of about 150MB.

2) after I scale down the DPI  the lighting live filter is out of place like nothing was done to this problem. Furthermore scaling should not have changed the dimension of the image for the light to change I believe.

Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 5.27.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 5.28.40 PM.png

I have a similar issue. This photo was created in Photoshop, and saved as PSD and JPG file. The PSD file was then opened in Affinity Photo 1.7.1 and exported as JPEG. The colours are very different.

IMG_1021-improved_ps.jpgIMG_1021-improved_afphoto.jpg

IMG_1021-improved_ps.psd

Edited by StefanSweden
Changed order of photos, so Photoshop photo comes before Affinity Photo photo.

• Staff
On 7/12/2019 at 10:31 PM, srg said:

Yes I use AP to save in PSD. Now I not sure the file was uploaded but I after I resized the to 1440 DPI it is too big for PSD so I guess useless for your purposes.

But since we are on theme I attach two screen shots 

1) the file as is now at 1440 DPI, I just. scaled the image to 1440 DPI and the file is 414.9 MB on the Get info of the finder and about 700 on AP screen, not very big in any case I think since I started with a pixel shift resolution image of about 150MB.

2) after I scale down the DPI  the lighting live filter is out of place like nothing was done to this problem. Furthermore scaling should not have changed the dimension of the image for the light to change I believe.

Hi srg,
I only have the PSD file you exported from Affinity. The original .afphoto file wasn't uploaded. I need it to check what's going on. Do you mind trying uploading it again please? Here's the upload link. Thank you.

29 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi srg,
I only have the PSD file you exported from Affinity. The original .afphoto file wasn't uploaded. I need it to check what's going on. Do you mind trying uploading it again please? Here's the upload link. Thank you.

Sorry for the terrible english of my post which was probably non comprehensible.The original file was worked so I do not have it anymore but I have the one I uploaded   which is at 1440DPI. Its PSD is not rendered well too. Furthermore, when I  change the DPI the lighting changes too. Old problem that I thought  the AP team had already solved. Its PSD is also not rendered well when opened in AP.  

I uploaded also a file (A001163_16.5x22.afphoto) saved at 300DPI and when I open its PSD the colors are not rendered well. 

I also uploaded the file A001163_3 whose PSD (also uploaded)  is opened by AP with wrong colors.

I hope to have been more clear this time.

Since my Epson pont layout will not recognize the new TIFF of AP I need a good PSD and if possible, as posted previously, the old TIFF used by AP.

Also, let me know what is going on with the lighting filter since I use that a lot

• 2 weeks later...

this is not a good news for me since I use the Epson layout print application. Is there a chance to have a TIFF like in 1.6.7 that was recognized by the Epson program? This should not be difficult since it was already there!

12 hours ago, Chris B said:

This was logged a while back and the response from the developers is that PSD import/export will never be exact and the cause of this seems to be with the grouping of the layers.

I noticed that Apple Preview opens AP files exported in PSD with no distortion that I can see....

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 9.19.47 PM.png