You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When exporting to PDF I get the following message.

I have seen in previous posts that the issue may be connected to use of some fonts but I don't believe this is the case in this instance as Bell MT was used throughout.

Any suggestions or work arounds would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you! 

image.png.c46685f98372f5a28ed567748fb7776c.png

• Staff

Hi Kprice,

Welcome to the forums :)

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! Could you please try the following:

1. Create a folder called 'temp' on the root of your C:\ drive so you have C:\Temp\
2. Run 'PDFLibLogging.reg' - this will insert a registry entry that enables logging for PDFLib
3. Run Affinity and export to PDF
4. Go to C:\Temp\ and view the PDFlib.txt file to see the log.
5. Run 'PDFLibLoggingRemove.reg' to remove the logging as this can cause slowdown and crashes if the C:\Temp file is removed.

Please attach the .txt file here, many thanks in advance!

PDFLibLoggingRemove.reg

PDFLibLogging.reg

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for that, your log isn't showing any usual signs of export failure (ie a corrupted font). Have you tried exporting the file to a different location?

Could you please provide a copy of your Affinity file and any fonts used (such as Bell MT) to the following link, so I can try exporting this here? What PDF export settings are you using please?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/AVrg04sVfPqd7iJ80HXU

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

2 hours ago, Kprice said:

Hi Dan, 

These are the settings i'm using. Tried exporting to a number of locations.

image.png.1991e1280f2dedc1ea06416404d79791.png

JPEG or PDF? That looks broken to me.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Thanks for that kprice :)

17 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

JPEG or PDF? That looks broken to me.

This does look a little odd, but it's not something that I can replicate nor is it related to this issue, I suspect it's a glitch in mouse pointer detection when taking a screenshot (assumedly using the Windows snipping tool).

Your PDF is failing to export due to 2 separate objects, on page 7 & page 10. The text objects, circled below, both have a very strange decoration applied to them, as they both have a Textured Line style applied to them as a decoration, with a Linear Gradient fill, one end of which has artificial noise and a mitre setting of 1.414. Were these decorations intentionally added? 

image.pngimage.png

eb105e522cdfdb3a410121ffaa3cc1ab.gif

Removing the decorations from these two text objects will allow your PDF to export correctly, I'm not 100% certain on why this combination is causing the export to fail but I've logged it with our developers as a bug now :) 

Please note -

Many thanks!