You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't export a slice

Hi all.  Brand new user here, and I must be doing something stupid as this doesn't seem to make any sense to me...here goes:

I'm trying to export a slice but can't complete it.  I select the export persona, choose the slice tool and draw my selection.  I can then see the slice being created under the 'Slices' menu on the right. I hit 'Export All' and it opens the Browse menu on icloud drive.  I'm then asked to select a folder, which I do, but then it asks me to 'Select Items', (almost as if I'm trying to open a file instead of save one).  Everything in the folder is greyed, so the only option I have is 'Done' - I hit done and nothing happens!  Driving me crazy - what am I doing wrong? 

Thanks in advance!

IMG_D798FA1F9427-1.jpeg

IMG_3CCC309C7DFF-1.jpeg

IMG_A8A554171D87-1.jpeg

• Staff

Hi Ron99,

Welcome to the forums :)

When using the Export Persona you need to select a folder for the files to be exported into, this is why the Files app is opening when you press Export. If you create a new folder where you want the document to be exported to, then go through the export persona and 'Select' the folder itself, you should then be able to continue the export. I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi Dan.

Thanks for the reply.  Yes - I guessed that I would need to select a folder, but given that I was already inside one, didn't understand why I'd need a new folder.  However - I've just created a new folder within that one, selected the new folder and was able to export my slices!  Still don't know why a child folder would be any different, but whatever works!  Thanks again for your help.  Issues aside, I'm loving Designer so far.  Look forward to getting into it.

Cheers,

Ron

@Ron99 the issue is you can be in the the folder you save to. The folder can be at root level, just don’t open it. Tap the dot on the folder and tap Open.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/