You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export workflow ...

To check the results of a single page in a larger document I want to export just one page in a defined size... let's have a look at the glorious workflow (oh, sorry, you asked me not to be cynical)

Clicking Export, choose "JPG", selecting 1600px pixel size, choose current page - upps, publisher now prefers a different size setting and switched to something it seems to favour and feels like I might want as well. But I don't ... I deliberatly set my size to 1600px ... so I go back and set size again to 1600px. I realize "Including bleed" is active (standard) - no, I don't want that and turn it off. Publisher again feels I should use the full resolution in that case and again switches my size to something really big (it seems to enjoy that). So I go back to the size setting and enter 1600px for the third time ... I guess publisher wants to seriously test my patience and challenge my document size decisions (maybe it knows better). Finally I get to the point to export my JPG ... realising I had a little mistake in my layout (or the wrong page was exported like I mentioned in a previous post) .... need to export again 20 seconds later ... Oh, Publisher is convinced my settings are not of any value and discarded them all ... Starting from scratch .... entering 1600px ....

And if I did not fell asleep by now I'd still be entering 1600px ... The publishers fairy tale ...

And I'm aware: this maximum inefficiency is all by design - but it's a really crappy design! (And to be a little bit constructive as well: If you really feel the urge by design to change other setting, change the order of the settings so parameters that will change size automatically are asked for first(!) and document size is the last thing in the list when it will not be changed by other settings)

1) If I enter something in a dialog don't change it again!

2) Save last setting! (that's no rocket science)

3) Even remember those setting for various file types (my pdf setting in a document will remain the same! My JPG setting will remain the same as well but maybe different from my pdf setting)

4) Save those setting document depending

Duck & hide :-)
Timo (still typing 1600px...)

BTW: this refers to all Affinity Products

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

Exactly.
Every day I work in Affinity programs and it seems to me that it is a constant struggle with various adversities.
Such is the setting of exports, bleeds in artbords, the inability to choose new standard sizes, eg A4 artbords, copying effects and styles, the inability to print the selected item on the A4 sheet in the place where the item is located, etc.