You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Older version for Mac OS wanted. FB 360 stripped out of new version

I bought Affinity Photo more than a year ago and upgrade recently through the Apple Store. I have discovered that an image created by PTGUI looses its 360 information for Facebook, when I import a PTGUI image in either TiFF or JPEG into the latest version of Affinity Photo. If the image is exported from PTGUI and then uploaded to FB, the information is retained and FB displays a 360  I do not think the older version of Affinity Photo deleted this information and would like to try it unless you have a quick fix for the new version.  I used Affinity to edit the nadir.

1 hour ago, greytail said:

I bought Affinity Photo more than a year ago and upgrade recently through the Apple Store. I have discovered that an image created by PTGUI looses its 360 information for Facebook, when I import a PTGUI image in either TiFF or JPEG into the latest version of Affinity Photo. If the image is exported from PTGUI and then uploaded to FB, the information is retained and FB displays a 360  I do not think the older version of Affinity Photo deleted this information and would like to try it unless you have a quick fix for the new version.  I used Affinity to edit the nadir.

Hi Greytail, a beta version has been released, the release notes state that there is a fix for 360 images losing their metadata on export. You might want to give it a try to see if it helps. Beta versions can be installed independently of the App, they can run side by side and will not affect your release version. If you want to give it a try the link below has the download link towards the top.

Hi. I noticed last night that the iPad version also strips the 360 metadata, which is really disappointing as the 360 tools were the main reason for my purchase. (I’m pretty sure it didn’t when I first purchased it). I was also planning to buy the Mac and PC versions but this has caused me to delay that purchase. I’m glad to read that this has been fixed in the desktop beta, but is there any news on when the iPad version will be fixed too?

7 minutes ago, armstrong360photography said:

is there any news on when the iPad version will be fixed too?

Hi, it looks like it has been fixed in the beta

3 hours ago, greytail said:

Help, the Beta for Mac Desktop has expired ...

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/91070-affinity-photo-customer-beta-172146/ has not expired.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...