You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dear All,

My Lumix camera has a '4K' function which I use occasionally.  It's good for 'burst' shooting, for example when capturing images of an animal in motion.  The camera exports these bursts as mpeg files.  Is there a way I can select a particular jpeg from these collections of images and import this single image into Affinity Photo?

Your advice would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

Roger

Thanks very much, Ian.  It's a Lumix TZ100.  You're right about the selection of images in the camera, but I was wondering if it was possible to do it outside instead.  If not, I'll have to return to doing that.

I appreciate your responding so swiftly.

Roger

Hi Roger!  No, it can only be done in camera or (I assume) by doing a frame grab in a video editor - AP can't do it.  Thanks for the reminder about the 4K shooting, btw, I've recently bought a GX80 and that's another feature I need to get to grips with!

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

Thanks again, Ian.

Yes, it seems a shame that one can't select an 'ideal' image outside the camera, where the image quality is inevitably clearer.  I'm not suggesting that Affinity should be able to handle this, but another third-party application would be useful.

In any case, thank you again for your helpfulness, and I hope you enjoy your new camera!

Roger

4 hours ago, Photochemical said:

but another third-party application would be useful.

VLC can do it - you can go through the clip frame by frame and then take a snapshot.  And it's free!!

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10