You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Applying Master Pages in Publisher

I have created multiple master pages which I have applied to several pages in my publication.  These master pages are setup as Facing Pages. I have filled these pages with content, now I want to add additional pages to the publication. When I have the new pages it seems to mess up the layout.  When I try and correct the layout by applying the master page, it seems to delete the content but I have already created.

Is it possible to apply a master page layout but retain the content already on page?

This is a sad situation which I hope will be fixed. Until whenever happens the only thing to do is to add an even number of pages at any one time , that won't mess up the pages LeftRight display. Same goes for deleting pages, do an even number.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I'm encountering this same issue when I need to insert a page between existing pages. Then I need to adjust master page assignments to get the layout correct on facing pages - but doing that deletes content.

I thought maybe I was doing something wrong or missing the technique for doing this.

I guess for now I need to make sure I get it correct as I build the document! This project will be about 150 pages, so adjusting for an insertion in the middle is not fun!

I think it did reverse the margins correctly, but my master page layouts, based on the margins were off kilter since the content was no longer on the same left/right page. Not sure what the solution is for that because when you reapply a master, it erases all the content.

Anyone know how other programs, such as Quark or InDesign handle the insertion of a page in the middle of other content?

I think both use separate chapter files for longer documents, so insertions aren't such a huge deal since you only worry about the pages within a single chapter.

• 1 year later...

Still facing this issue more than a year after previous replies on this thread. This is surely a common functionality people are in need of, no idea why this hasn't been addressed. 

Indesign handles page insertions perfectly and adjusts for any changes made to facing spreads when adding odd numbers of pages. I went away from adobe due to their subscription model, but frankly this error in Affinity functionality is enough to drive me reluctantly back.

Edited by Matt K