You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Effects issues

Hi,

I have a recurrent issue on my macbook pro when I use the fx section. When I want to modify some settings such as gradient overlay, sometimes I cannot open the effect section, or I can't modify the gradient, or the colors in the gradient, It depends, but even if I double click during hours, the software has no reaction (only for the fx section, Designer is not laggy and didn't crashed)

I have to save and restart Designer to fix this issue. But It's happening more and more. I had this issue with the inner glow and some of these settings. 

Thanks for your Help :)

• Staff

Hi lostmybass,
Welcome to the Affinity Forums,

There is a known issue that can cause the Gradient Overlay's gradient to not appear if you've closed the Filter Effects dialog with it visible. We did find that temporarily switching Layer Effect Category to get it working again. 

Could you try these steps and let us know if this is the issue you are encountering:

1. Start a new document
  2. Draw a rectangle
  3. Layer > Layer Effects
  4. Select Gradient Overlay
  5. Click in the Gradient Box to display the gradient
  6. Select a node and click the colour box to display the colour wheel
  7. Click 'Close' on the Layer Effects dialog
  8. Layer > Layer Effects
  9. Select Gradient Overlay
  10. Click in the Gradient Box to display the gradient
    • Observe the gradient now fails to appear. 

If this is not the same, is it quite easy for you to reproduce on a new document? If so could you use QuickTime to record you reproducing the issue (showing as many of the steps you're doing as possible)? Also what version of macOS are you using?
Thanks

Hi Sean, 

Thank you for your response.

I've tried these steps, and you were right, the gradient fails to appear when I directly close the "gradient overlay" window instead of closing firstly the color tab. I will try to close everything step by step the next time. Anyway, I hope the team will fix this bug soon.