You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Textframe with border

Hi folks,

one 'detection': i created a textframe with rounded borders. In publisher or even after export, there ist a thin line/sometimes two visible at the edges. Why:12_slight_smile:?

Furthermore: it´s hard to match the opacity between the frame and the border, cause i can´t type in exact values. What i´m doing wrong:5_smiley:?

Greetings from germany

J.

20190623_Bildband_Islantilla.png

borders.png

Some questions:

1. How did you create your Text Frame?
  2. It sounds like you're having a problem matching the fill of the Text Frame and the stroke. Do you really need the stroke?
  3. Can you supply a sample .afpub file, so we can look at it directly?

And a comment: Others have mentioned that matching opacity can be difficult, as the color controls for the Text Frame only have a slider, so you probably aren't doing anything wrong there.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi Jom76 - I'm pretty sure the Frame Text tool can't handle rounded corners. But you can use the Rentangle Tool to draw out a rectangle and convert it to a text frame. This can then have  corners rounded using the Rectangle Tool.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

• Staff

we have the missing opacity input box logged- I've added this report to that issue.

I would add the fill colour as a global colour to the swatch and set that colour for the stroke. Also reapply the global colour back to the fill then you can change both from the swatches panel.

3 hours ago, Jom76 said:

Indeed the text frame can have rounded corners - with an added border & round edges.

I don't see the settings to allow that. Can you show us?

I would have drawn a rounded rectangle, and converted that to a Text Frame. It would not need a stroke or border; just the fill.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

See first picture: I clicked on the border-line and a menu opens where you can set the edges to 'round'. We'll, it's not that round, just a slight bend:D

Of course you can do more rounded corners with the rectangle tool;)

2 hours ago, Jom76 said:

See first picture: I clicked on the border-line and a menu opens where you can set the edges to 'round'. We'll, it's not that round, just a slight bend:D

Of course you can do more rounded corners with the rectangle tool;)

Thanks. Yes, you can get more rounding. Also, I think it would make the rounding more obvious, and eliminate the need to have a stroke, which eliminates the need to set two opacity values exactly the same when all you have right now is sliders :)

-- Walt
PC:

• Staff

Right click on the object and select add to swatches.  I prefer using the global options. You then have a colour to select in other places. Of course once you've set one frame up make that into an asset if you need to make more (Same if you use the rounded rectangle method)