You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Export as PSD does not import into Moho as layered files

Hello,

I have MOHO 12 and was hoping to use Affinity Designer to draw objects and then import them into MOHO. When I try to import a file exported from A.D. as a PSD, MOHO will not import it as a multi-layered file as shown in this video using a layered Photoshop PSD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0FsrvfYfew

Instead I get this message about the PSD file that I have created and exported in Designer (image attached)

I wrote to Smith Micro also and they gave this reply...

Moho Pro 13 supports import of PSD Layered Files. This functions seamlessly with Photoshop. I am not sure if there is something specific to Affinity Designer Files that would impact the import. I do know if you change the PSD File created in Photoshop, it will automatically update the Moho Pro 13 Layered files. This function does not extend to other applications that create PSD Files. SVG Files are imported as Vector Line Files that can be modified and altered using the tools in Moho Pro 13 to import multiple Layers of SVG, you need to import each layer as a separate Import.

I have tried copying and pasting single layers, that doesn't work. So it seems like a tedious workflow, where I prefer to do the drawing etc in A.D. and import into MOHO. It's pretty much the leading and recommended 2D program for animation in just about every article I have read. It would be great if Serif could speak with Smith Micro and have them add Designer files as an import option (they have perhaps not considered the popularity and growth of A.D.) or figure out what the difference is between one PSD and the other. Any suggestions would be a big help.

Thanks

Al

2019-07-06_17-12-18.png.32c111d708f3890a96cbdd1bd8f0bbce.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...