You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Yes Moin together!
My question refers to the print shop file in PDF format in CMYK. 

When I look at my resources I see if there is an image in RGB or CMYK format.  In Indesign I had to convert EVERY image to CMYK before. What about the Publisher?

Does he automatically convert the generated print format to CMYK?

If someone knows that I would be interested in further information!

Best regards

Ressourcen verwalten 2019-07-09 06-20-44.png

1 hour ago, Nordseher said:

In Indesign I had to convert EVERY image to CMYK before.

No you don't.

You decide on export if it will be converted. PDF can handle both. PDF/x-1a is very strict and keeps nothing as rgb.

It's the same in Publisher.

As Mofab says, in both InDesign and AfPublisher you do not need to convert a resource file externally to a specific color space before import. (Those years are far away, at least 20 years).

In InDesign I got warned when importing a file with a different than the documents color space and I was asked how to handle it.
In Afpub there is some kind of similar interface but it appears to do nothing yet.

One place is the Application "Preferences..." > "Colour", in particular these options:

879177693_colormanagement1preference.jpg.227224f82f2b04188f67f5080bf6cb57.jpg

Another is in "Document Setup..." (for existing documents only):

533932835_colormanagement2assign-convert.jpg.cb90c3122e1f788c4f6a05e6c79ce909.jpg

I never could experience a difference in any of those Warning or Assign/Convert settings. I never have noticed a warning.
Maybe someone can shed some light on the right use of this?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Thanks now I think I am a few steps further!

Hm, so now I'm a little confused. At the same time I am reassured that you can do everything with RGB images in CMYK documents and at the same time I am not afraid of being warned!  I can only agree with the previous speaker that maybe someone could make an official video on the subject? Otherwise I have to send a finished CMYK document to my online printer services and the people to ask  if and what is wrong with the document!

That's exactly what I wanted to avoid.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Nordseher, du hast recht: es wäre einfacher, wenn Affinity erlauben würde, ein Ausgabe-Profil zu laden.

Momentan musst du entweder deinen befürchteten Rüffel des Dienstlisters riskieren – oder in die Tiefen des PDF-Exports abtauchen, der, so scheint's, bisher nicht einmal Serif in allen Auswirkungen der möglichen Einstellungen bekannt ist. Schade, blöd, aber keineswegs hoffnungslos.

Du kannst die PDF Export Optionen schon so einstellen, dass sie deinen gewünschten Farbraum exportieren. Verwende dazu diese drei Pulldown-Menus:

1308001101_exportcolorprofilesspaces.jpg.4ed2c59181eddfd839ac3863a1dc7180.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1