You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have been using Serif Page Plus (SPP) and have upgraded to Affinity Publisher - I am still finding my way round it.

A very important feature with SPP was the Print/Page Preview option.  The original documents I use are A4 converted to pdf.  The option enabled me to scale the text to fit to B5 (84%), and to print crop marks, then publish the reduced version to pdf.  I could then print out on A4 and cut the pages down to B5 which is the book size I require.

Affinity does not seem to have an equivalent function. It will create a scaled 'profile' file, not a pdf, and I cannot see a way of getting crop marks onto the paper.

I would be grateful for advice.  As things now are, it looks as if I will have to continue to use SPP to achieve my objective.

• Staff
2 hours ago, M Nunn said:

Affinity does not seem to have an equivalent function. It will create a scaled 'profile' file, not a pdf, and I cannot see a way of getting crop marks onto the paper.

We don't have a similar function to PagePlus for scaling the document. I'd suggest creating a document the size of the book you require and then when you are on the export window, select PDF and click on the More Button and you have an option you can tick to Include Printer Marks, select that and one of the options is Crop Marks.  Once you've got the PDF, you can then print that as normal onto A4 and cut as needed.

I'm sure if anyone knows of a better method they will post shortly :) 

Thank you, but oh dear - the documents I have prepared (about 150 pages) are all A4 pdf.  This was in fact about the most useful function for me.  Any chance of reintroducing it in a future enhancement?  Meanwhile, for my current purpose, I will stick with PagePlus.