You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Found very nasty bug, related to tables.

Make new document with two pages. Then insert to both of them a table.

Now take page one and select with mouse dragging all cells from top left to bottom right. Then scroll to second page (don’t select second page from pages studio, or you lose selection from table one) and instantly begin drag from upper left cell from table in second page for selecting all cells in those too. Magic happens – Publisher disappears as never been there…

Windows 7 64bit Service pack 1, 12 giga RAM, Intel i7, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti.

One more. If I put table to master page and then change information on them not in master page, but on ordinary pages that use that master page, I can’t change cell insets values anymore, as in real page they are grayed (that I understand why), but when I change them in Master Page, in Master Page I can see changes, but in child pages not. Are you kidding? Where I can then change table formatting, if in child page they are grayed and changing them in master page did not affect child pages?

And one strange thing more. When I start Publisher and make new document, it’s beginning type is Print (Press-Ready) and size A3. But surprise, surprise – layout says that document width is 210mm and height 99mm! And yes exactly this size new document will be. If I choose from page preset A4 and then A3 again, then correct sizes appear.

And if we already talking about Affinity programs, then why the hell all Affinity programs, older and last ones too, send ‘ (apostrophe) character to my keyboard buffer? It is little bit annoying, I think. :(

13 minutes ago, MuuSer said:

One more. If I put table to master page and then change information on them not in master page, but on ordinary pages that use that master page, I can’t change cell insets values anymore, as in real page they are grayed (that I understand why), but when I change them in Master Page, in Master Page I can see changes, but in child pages not. Are you kidding? Where I can then change table formatting, if in child page they are grayed and changing them in master page did not affect child pages?

As with other items on Master Pages that you decide needs a format change on a document page:

1. In the Layers panel for the document page, right-click on the Master Page's layer and choose Edit Detached.
  2. Make your changes.
  3. Click the Finished button in the orange header.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
On 7/7/2019 at 4:20 PM, MuuSer said:

Now take page one and select with mouse dragging all cells from top left to bottom right. Then scroll to second page (don’t select second page from pages studio, or you lose selection from table one) and instantly begin drag from upper left cell from table in second page for selecting all cells in those too. Magic happens – Publisher disappears as never been there…

Can you clarify this, or provide a short video? Is it a non facing page document?

I can't reproduce it at the moment, selection the second table will lose the selection on the first since they are on different pages

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

28 minutes ago, Jon P said:

Can you clarify this, or provide a short video? Is it a non facing page document? 

I can't reproduce it at the moment, selection the second table will lose the selection on the first since they are on different pages

Yes - it is non facing, and yes - as you see in video - right after clicking to second table and when first table must lose selection, Publisher disapears...

• Staff

Thanks for the video, I didn't get the crash at the exact point you did, but when I go back to page 1 and select all the cells again reproduced it.

I've logged this for the developers, thanks for the report!

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com