You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please find attached afdesign doc..

I use this "cross mark" vector to note marking points in my design/pattern and use them as a guide for further drafting.

I need the intersection of this vector to snap to other stuff/lines and points. Tried several things but it just won't snap..It snaps to everything except the middle intersecting line which is what I want..

All relevant snapping options are enabled in the manager..Is this a bug?

image.thumb.png.429c1be5600ed7c43ac1b2def4359216.png

snapping doesnt work.afdesign

Hi, SpongeBob,

From what I know, standard snapping snaps to the bounding box corners, mid-points and centers. The center line of the "cross mark" is not at the center of the bounds, and it also has no node to define the point.

Also, it is not fitted to the grid, so objects may snap not to the nearest grid intersection.

For what I think you are trying to do, you must be in node tool mode, w. the toggles for "snap to geometry of selected curves, : and "snap all selected nodes when dragging" active, and all nodes selected for the object to be positioned.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

SpongeBob, if you make sure the intersection of the crossed lines are in the exact center of the symbol, then it should work fine with the Snap to object bounding boxes and Include bounding box mid points selected.  You won't be able to just snap to the actual intersection.

The easiest way I know to make sure the intersection is in the exact middle is to:

Draw a straight line either vertical or horizontal.

Make a duplicate of this line and rotate the line 90 degrees using the Rotate Clockwise icon in the toolbar.

Select both lines and click on the Join Curves icon in the toolbar.

I hope this helps.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra