Hiya,

Probably just me doing something silly (I hope so anyway!) but having problems with certain effects and processes not exporting to PDF but work fine when exported to say an image format such as JPG.

For instance and example :

1 - Place an image into Publisher.

2 - Apply a box blur (just one of many things that don't work upon exporting to PDF).

3 - Export as PDF.

Blur is not on image at all!

Now export as a JPG and the blur is there on the image.

There have been quite a few things that I've done inside documents and they just don't export to PDF. Am I missing something obvious? A setting perhaps?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Best wishes,

Mark

The results in PDF export depend strongly on the kind of effects you have applied, the compatibility option you've chosen in the More... dialog box, and the rasterization option you've chosen in the More... dialog box.

Some effects cannot be supported without rasterization, and if you choose not to allow rasterization they will be missing.

Some effects can (I believe) be supported without rasterization in some PDF compatibility modes, but not others.

Others will have more and better information than I, but knowing more about what you chose in the More... dialog box would help.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

Hi Walt,

Many thanks for the reply. I had PDF (For Print) chosen with 300DPI for rastering. Would have hoped most effects would export the way they're meant to but guessing not.

I suppose I can always (as a workaround) just add the effects then rasterise the layer so that it all comes out the way it should. Would rather not have to do that but if it can't do it then that's what I'll have to do for now I guess.

Mark

The settings that are important (but that I can't explain adequately) are the ones I've marked in red:

image.png.808aa80e0adeaef1083df2b9034d9edc.png

I would expect that, with those (which are defaults, I think), all of your effects would survive. Some would simply be rasterized.

But I'm not an expert in that area, and I know there are others here who are.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta