I posted the following thread 3 years ago but not a single person until today advised me to post that topic in this thread, claiming that no one from Serif diligently reads this forum such that my post was sure to have been overlooked these 3 years.  Seems odd to me, but fine.  Here it is:

I would advise Serif to just move that thread into this thread.  I would prefer that since I don't want to lose all the supportive posts in that thread.  For truly, it is more than just me who wants that dropper tool added to Affinity Photo.

Thanks.

I would like to be the first to offer support in this thread. 

Adding 3 additional colour pickers for whites, mid grey & black to the curves tool would certainly add to the functionality. The facility to change and save the new colours gives the user the ability to use the tool for matching colours from a different image. This will be a big help for compositing. The ability to reset to default white, grey & black is also needed. This gives the tool far more flexibility than just using it to set black & white points. 

4 hours ago, JDW said:

I posted the following thread 3 years ago but not a single person until today advised me to post that topic in this thread, claiming that no one from Serif diligently reads this forum such that my post was sure to have been overlooked these 3 years.  Seems odd to me, but fine.

Just to set the record straight, it was never claimed that anyone from Serif intentionally ignores any topic posted to the Questions forum, only that the developers do not habitually follow that forum.

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

3 pickers in Curves dialog would be great! 

Additionally, I wish there was an auto button. Then you could automatically set black and white points and the fine tune them to fit the image. (In Photoshop there is also option to set target colours and clipping values but I find these unnecessary; manual fine tuning anyway negates clipping.) 

Affinity photo needs the feature of being able to set the white balance using the grey colour picker to click on the grey cards in the photos. 

This is the most important feature we need. If you can do the white, black and grey like photoshop. 

When will this be a reality? 

Thanks

11 hours ago, gonecamping75 said:

When will this be a reality? 

Three full years have expired since I first posted about the need for that important feature.  Nothing has happened.  Some speculate that nothing has happened because I failed to post my request in this "Feedback for Affinity Photo" forum saying: "developers do not habitually follow that forum."  So now that a link to my original post is firmly planted in this "correct" forum that the developers habitually read (apparently), based on my experience posting other feature requests and having no success, I simply cannot answer your question.

What I do feel strongly about is this.  The more Serif makes Affinity apps like Adobe apps in terms of key features, the more people will switch to Affinity apps. Yes, I really do think it's not too hard to convince people to break from an endless wallet-draining subscription. Even people who have never used Adobe apps can appreciate the goodness some of us are struggling to bring to Affinity apps.  All it takes is for Serif to recognize that fact, order engineers to implement more of our important feature suggestions by a certain date, and then the world can rejoice.  It's really as simple as that.  Fingers crossed.

Seriously this needs to be implemented. Affinity photo is an awesome product. But fails with setting the grey card using the picker. 

Please. Please get this happening