You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

6 hours ago, JIPJIP said:

I tried to calibrate my eyes but when I put the calibrator on them I couldn't see my keyboard to run the process.

This is where touch typing comes in handy. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 1 month later...

I love affinity photo but I really wish that they actually implement the feature of the eye dropper so we can click on the grey cards in photos. Why are they not listening to us. Affinity photo is just for photography so colours are important to me and others. Come on Affinity we need this. 

I wrote this in an email to affinity photo

Dear Staff, 

I am writing to you as I and others have asked since 2018 to implement the ability to be able to click on a grey card in a photo to set the white balance and other settings that normally get set like photoshop. Please I love affinity photo but this is important to me as I do not want just to guess. 

I just can't believe that its years since people have been asking and we are just being ignored. Myself I use affinity photo to edit my photos for print and getting the correct colours is important to me and I am sure just as important to everyone else. 

Thanks

Brenden
16/03/2022

22 hours ago, gonecamping75 said:

I love affinity photo but I really wish that they actually implement the feature of the eye dropper so we can click on the grey cards in photos. Why are they not listening to us.

Maybe because you are requesting a feature which already exists, so there is nothing to be done?

image.png.7667046cf0d7c8c1cc5cf7b132fb36a1.png

2 hours ago, fde101 said:

Maybe because you are requesting a feature which already exists, so there is nothing to be done?

Very interesting how they slipped in that featured unnoticed by the rest of us in this thread.  A simple, "hey guys, we listened, and here it is!" heads-up note in this thread would have be welcomed saved everyone a lot of trouble.  But that is all moot now that it has been implemented.  You were mildly condescending in tone (let's be honest), but your kind clarification of the new feature is nevertheless greatly appreciated.  Thank you very much for having made the time to point it out to us.  

While there are many, MANY wanted features that remain unimplemented, the fact that this one made the cut does restore a tiny bit more faith in Serif.  Great work!

3 hours ago, JDW said:

Very interesting how they slipped in that featured unnoticed by the rest of us in this thread.  A simple, "hey guys, we listened, and here it is!" heads-up note in this thread would have be welcomed saved everyone a lot of trouble.

This thread is requesting the ability to set the white point with an eyedropper, which to my knowledge is still not available.

That feature sets the white balance with an eyedropper, which has been possible for quite a long time now.

Those are two completely different things.

How long ago it was implemented is something I obviously do not know.  But in terms of feature requests submitted that still haven't seen the light of day, I've got many going on 5 years now.  Regardless, I refuse to argue about a matter now resolved.  Thank you again for brining it to our attention.  That brings this particular thread to a happy close! 🙂

6 minutes ago, gonecamping75 said:

Im sorry but I cannot find where the colour picker is. Where do you find it? 

1. Launch Affinity PHOTO.

2. Open an image.

3. Layer (menu) > New Adjustment Layer > White Balance

4. You should now see the White Balance palette.  Click the "Picker" button (there is no Eye Dropper).

5. You should now see crosshairs.  Move those over a white portion of your image and click to set the White Balance.  That's it.

Alternatively, you could avoid digging down into the Layer menu by merely going to the right sidebar, then click on the icon that looks like this:

image.png.739df35693503633eca4f43dea08d801.png

White Balance is the second command down in that popup list.

• 1 year later...