You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem with unnecessary border

Hi.
I have some problems in my workflow, as a designer. 
When the boundaries of objects are crossing, they used to have visible border. 

For example, when I impose a white rectangle over the image and the bottom line of a white rectangle coincides with the bottom line of image, and they are both (image + white rectangle) are on a white layer - here is a problem - I see the border of the white rectangle. This should not be, I don't want to see this border. 

This 100% is not some extra pixels look through, the boundaries of the figures intersect exactly. Also, it is 100% not a stroke - it is disabled.

How can I disable it? How can I turn off visibility of this border?

Here you can see a problem on screenshot.

Hello Grewn, and welcome to the forum

Could you post the .af file it looks like the items are not pixel alligned.

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

Duplicate the white bar then boolean subtract one white bar from the coloured bar it overlays. 

test edit.afdesign Saved with history so you can jog back and forth in the history panel. 

Screen-Shot-2019-07-07-at-09-29-58.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

it looks like this is a redraw issue, the lines are not vissible in a exported png or svg file

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

5 hours ago, firstdefence said:

Duplicate the white bar then boolean subtract one white bar from the coloured bar it overlays. 

Unfortunately, this way complicates and slows down the workflow. Also I can simply increase the figure, which is on top, cause then figure will block this line. But this is not a solution.

5 hours ago, dutchshader said:

it looks like this is a redraw issue, the lines are not vissible in a exported png or svg file

Yes, but when I’m creating some UI, I need to see exact layout without phantom lines.

It’s a pity, if this cannot be changed without manipulating some objects.

Isn't there an option to turn precise clipping on from preferences?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

2 minutes ago, Grewn said:

I was looking for this option but couldn’t find it.

It's on the Performance Tab in Prefs

Screen-Shot-2019-07-07-at-15-15-27.png

The red lines most certainly do show up on export (for me).

The rest is a redraw error as stated. It goes away at any magnification multiple of 100. This is just how Affinity is. Precise clipping wont help.

Regarding the red: that's a different case because you're not pixel perfect. The Y position of both the red and it's white overlay are at 406.7.
Change that to a whole number and they should behave as the others.

7 hours ago, JimmyJack said:

Regarding the red: that's a different case because you're not pixel perfect. The Y position of both the red and it's white overlay are at 406.7.

To be pedantic about it, to the maximum displayable 6 decimal place precision of the app, the Y position of the top right corner of both is 406.66232 px. The X positions are 457.249503 px & 543.67927 px respectively.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7