You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

White page background bug

• 2 weeks later...

It wasn´t a problem at first. But now, it's all the time. When creating a new document, it's always problem with the page background.
On some documents, there is no problem.
The problem is the same even if I zoom in/out.

I'm running
- MacOS 10.14.5 on an 27" iMac. 
- Graphic card: AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4GB
- 2 external monitors at 90° rotation, one on each side of the iMac (total 3 monitors)

I have a similar problem. The page white background seems to draw in the wrong place. It only happens when I double click on my document and it launches Publisher. If I have  Publisher open already and then open the document, the page white background is in the correct place.

I'm running
- MacOS 10.14.5 on an 2014 Retina 27" iMac with 32 Gb RAM
- 1 external monitor

spread.jpg

• 2 months later...

Even a problem with the latest version (1.7.3) of Publisher.

It seems that the white background is "fixed" in the View, not on the "page":
- When panning/moving the document within the view, the white area is covering different parts of the page.

Can't be a very big thing to fix. But it's quite annoying, so please fix asap.
Being a developer myself, I would guess that some calculations of the view/page is not correct and surely not updated appropriately.

Please see attachments.
- The first is after "New document"
- The second after pan/moving the page within the view

White should be covering everything within the thin border (page)

191001A_AfPub_White background missing.jpg

191001A_BfPub_White background missing.jpg

• 1 year later...

Today this bug was in Affinity Photo as well. It displayed white background when it was supposted to be transparent. It did display transparent below shadows thou. Seems that it is a generic Affinity apps bug with bakgrdounds not displaying/updating correctly

• 1 year later...
On 7/23/2019 at 7:57 AM, sc300 said:

I have a similar problem. The page white background seems to draw in the wrong place. It only happens when I double click on my document and it launches Publisher. If I have  Publisher open already and then open the document, the page white background is in the correct place.

I'm running
- MacOS 10.14.5 on an 2014 Retina 27" iMac with 32 Gb RAM
- 1 external monitor

An old and annoying problem from 2019. Now (march 5, 2022!! version 1.10.4) This should have been solved long ago. 

Thanks sc300, for the workaround by opening the file through the APub menu. Took quite a few work hours resultless searching for a solution 😖

Come on affinity! I showed a loyal customer of mine my super software 😟 He had a subtile smile of pity on his face...

greetz, Jos