You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Editing Multiple Raw Files at the Same Time

I'm a newcomer to Affinity Photo, so please forgive me if this has already been addressed or if AP already has this feature.

It would be nice if Affinity Photo could have the ability to view and edit multiple Raw files at the same time - like you can do in Adobe Camera Raw (ACR). With ACR you can select multiple raw images displayed in a column, apply the same adjustments and do individual tweaks to your raws very quickly. From what I can see, you can only edit a single raw image at a time, which makes the whole process of editing a few hundred raw files very time consuming.

I agree, editing multiple images at once can be useful as can an AUTO button, if only to see if an image or group of images is worth further effort. These are the two features I miss most now I'm not using ACR.

It would also be nice to import settings on previous ACR edits into Affinity so saving effort having to start again when you want to adjust pre-affinity photos.

12 hours ago, albas said:

an AUTO button

Just in case you missed them, there are actually four "Auto" buttons on the main toolbar in the Photo persona for adjusting levels, colors, contrast, and white balance.

I do agree it would be nice to have the equivalent of these added to the Develop persona.  Seems like an obvious addition.

7 hours ago, fde101 said:

Just in case you missed them, there are actually four "Auto" buttons on the main toolbar in the Photo persona for adjusting levels, colors, contrast, and white balance.

I do agree it would be nice to have the equivalent of these added to the Develop persona.  Seems like an obvious addition.

The point about having one button, rather than 4, in the Develop Persona is that it allows a quick assessment of the possibilities of a photo, or group of photos, without wasting a much time. In ACR you can then save the RAW file, with adjustments, without adjustments, process it further or bin it. It would also be nice to be able to save a file processed in Develop as a RAW file rather than Tif, Tiff, PSD, jpeg or whatever takes your fancy.

I tend to do most of my basic processing in the Develop Persona and very rarely use the Photo Persona for basic adjustments.

As an aside, the latest version of Affinity Photo seems to have made cropping in the Develop Persona more time consuming, unless I've missed something.:5_smiley:

Fair enough.  Also in case you missed the numerous other threads requesting similar functionality, Serif is already working on a separate DAM program (digital asset manager - catalog/etc.) which is expected to be added to the Affinity Suite.  No word on a timetable yet, would guess at least a year out.  I would expect that to cover the request for dealing with multiple images at the same time (or at least of rapidly switching among multiple images in a folder).

Affinity Photo is not that kind of program.  I personally use a separate program for culling and RAW development then when I find individual photos that need more work then I bring them into Affinity Photo for further refinement.

3 hours ago, fde101 said:

.................  I personally use a separate program for culling and RAW development then when I find individual photos that need more work then I bring them into Affinity Photo for further refinement.

So do I, I use Bridge to view them (deleting where necessary) and then process in Affinity if required. However, sometimes, I find the need to do a quick process before deciding whether or not they have potential or need binning. ACR was/is excellent for that, Affinity is not for two reasons:-1. It takes too long to do it on multiple files and 2. You can't save the processing for use afterwards without exporting to another file format.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...