You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exception not handled 1.6.5.135

I rolled back from 1.7 to 1.6.5.135 and now every time I close AP I get this error: "exception not handled". I'm running win 10 home 64bit 1903.

PS: I tried to uninstall/reinstall the program, rename the folder with this path :  C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Photo\1.0 and start AP with ctrl pressed to clear user's settings/data but nothing solved the issue. Furthermore is impossible to send the automatic error log of the program caused by a server error. Any ideas?

1.jpg

SharedScreenshot.jpg

• Staff

Hi Claudio60,

Can you attach the crash report from here:

%APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports

Just paste the above path into the Run Box (Windows key+R) and attach the latest one and i'll get it looked it.

Also any main reason for rolling back, just we'd like everyone to be running 1.7

Hi Stokerg,

Tks for your interest, I've attached the dump file.

The main (and only) reason for I rolled back is simple: I work exclusively with .jpg files and the generated .aphoto files' size with 1.7 are 3/4 time bigger compared to 1.6. I know you're working to solve the issue but in the meantime I prefer to stay with 1.6.

8724d039-59cd-4648-9408-e7036e1972a3.dmp

Hi Sokerg, I have the same issue (exception not handled) on my Surface Pro 4 too (I discovered it yesterday); it seems to me very strange that this issue occurs on both my notebooks; so I think the culprit could be Win 10 1903 that I recently installed on my notebooks (with 1809 I never had such an issue).