You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Missing Fonts list doesn't appear to be working in Designer

Hey team,

I'm sure this was working before, but if I open a Designer file the missing fonts are shown in a notification (all good with that) but if I use the Character panel to list missing fonts then that appears not to work (screen rec attached).

Apologies if I'm missing the correct way to manage missing fonts here. Is there a better way to view and manage missing fonts?

Thanks in advance.

affinity-missing-fonts.gif

56 minutes ago, simonlayfield said:

Can anyone confirm whether this is working for them on Mac v1.7?

I can't really tell what is happening in the looping gif. But I can tell you I cannot find a list of missing fonts in the Character Studio. I also cannot find a list anywhere else. Odd omission in my opinion.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

8 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

I can't really tell what is happening in the looping gif.

Ah sorry - so when you select 'Missing Fonts' in the Character panel, the font dropdown on the right (showing Arial in the gif) should display a list of missing fonts. In this case, it isn't - the dropdown doesn't display them, or work at all. I'm actually clicking on the dropdown arrow but nothing happens, presumably because there's no list to display.

Edited by simonlayfield
Added info

12 minutes ago, simonlayfield said:

I'm actually clicking on the dropdown arrow but nothing happens, presumably because there's no list to display.

Okay, I see. I was seeing you demonstrate nothing being displayed. Hard concept to show. Yeah, I got the same non existing or displaying list. One would think there would be a list somewhere right?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

We believe the issue has been fixed in 1.8.0 [Publisher betas currently available if you care to check, Designer beta will follow soon].

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon