You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta StudioLink does not work [solved]

• Staff

If haakoo's suggestion doesn't work,  can you navigate to this folder C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Common\1.0\appinfo\Beta and let me know if the date modified of the Designer Beta.appinfo and Photo Beta.appinfo files matches the last time you ran both of those Betas? It might be useful for you to zip up and attach that folder if that's not the case.

Edit: Also, did you have any issues with StudioLink in the release build?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

45 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Rightclick the exe files in the beta folders >choose run as administrator.

Many thanks for the tip haakoo. That helped. I didn't have this idea because it wasn't necessary with the release version.

32 minutes ago, Jon P said:

If haakoo's suggestion doesn't work,  can you navigate to this folder C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Common\1.0\appinfo\Beta and let me know if the date modified of the Designer Beta.appinfo and Photo Beta.appinfo files matches the last time you ran both of those Betas? It might be useful for you to zip up and attach that folder if that's not the case.

Haakoo's method worked, but the date in the specified folder is very strange. The "modification date" is 31.10.2017, so I attach the folder anyway.
Beta.zip

32 minutes ago, Jon P said:

Edit: Also, did you have any issues with StudioLink in the release build?

If I remember correctly, there were no problems with the StudioLink with the release build.

• Staff

We are aware of that issue and some work is going on internally to ensure we don't have to continue to use this "workaround" of running as admin. Basically the app loses the permission to write the appinfo files, which causes studiolink to not recognise apps correctly.

Users running as admin, or deleting these files have indeed found it seems to fix it, so glad it's working

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.