Michail

Beta StudioLink does not work [solved]

Unfortunately the "StudioLink" does not work in my installation of the beta. I have installed the betas of AD and AP (414) and also restarted them (several times).

image.png.3bd45005e528ab1e8c9847ccbcab18ba.png

My Specs:
- Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
- Monitor: SyncMaster F2380 (resolution 1920x1080)
- Operating system: Windows 10 Pro (1803) / 64 bit

Have you ran up both Designer Beta 1.7.2.414 and Photo Beta 1.7.2.414 since updating?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

4 minutes ago, Jon P said:

Have you ran up both Designer Beta 1.7.2.414 and Photo Beta 1.7.2.414 since updating?

Yes, several times.

My Specs:

Maybe run the exe files as administrator does the trick;
Go to your installation folder(mostly C:\program files\affinity\)
Rightclick the exe files in the beta folders >choose run as administrator.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1903)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

If haakoo's suggestion doesn't work,  can you navigate to this folder C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Common\1.0\appinfo\Beta and let me know if the date modified of the Designer Beta.appinfo and Photo Beta.appinfo files matches the last time you ran both of those Betas? It might be useful for you to zip up and attach that folder if that's not the case.

Edit: Also, did you have any issues with StudioLink in the release build?

45 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Rightclick the exe files in the beta folders >choose run as administrator.

Many thanks for the tip haakoo. That helped. I didn't have this idea because it wasn't necessary with the release version.

32 minutes ago, Jon P said:

If haakoo's suggestion doesn't work,  can you navigate to this folder C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Common\1.0\appinfo\Beta and let me know if the date modified of the Designer Beta.appinfo and Photo Beta.appinfo files matches the last time you ran both of those Betas? It might be useful for you to zip up and attach that folder if that's not the case.

Haakoo's method worked, but the date in the specified folder is very strange. The "modification date" is 31.10.2017, so I attach the folder anyway.
Beta.zip

32 minutes ago, Jon P said:

Edit: Also, did you have any issues with StudioLink in the release build?

If I remember correctly, there were no problems with the StudioLink with the release build.

My Specs:

this suggestion helped out some users having the studiolink acting up in the release versions too

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are aware of that issue and some work is going on internally to ensure we don't have to continue to use this "workaround" of running as admin. Basically the app loses the permission to write the appinfo files, which causes studiolink to not recognise apps correctly.

Users running as admin, or deleting these files have indeed found it seems to fix it, so glad it's working

7 hours ago, Jon P said:

We are aware of that issue and some work is going on internally to ensure we don't have to continue to use this "workaround" of running as admin. Basically the app loses the permission to write the appinfo files, which causes studiolink to not recognise apps correctly.

Users running as admin, or deleting these files have indeed found it seems to fix it, so glad it's working

This is one of the first things we win users tend to do when a program isn't running as should.
But indeed glad it works :)