Posted (edited)

Hi, 

Feeling a bit daft and its driving me nuts,

When I create a document in design using letters with styles (wood effect, etc) in affinity its sharp, as soon as I import it (pdf) its pixelated when I enlarge it. This only happens when I use styles not when I use curves or flat letters. I've changed rgb settings, document size, everything. What am I doing wrong please.

Thanks 

Just noticed, this happens with any effect on anything (curves, fonts with 3D etc)

Edited by meester_gee

Can´t find "wood effect" in AD1.71 - but all of these styles are filter based and will be rasterised for export. Maybe try one of the bigger export sizes like "for print", "pdf-X4".

Cheers

1 hour ago, meester_gee said:

Hi, 

Feeling a bit daft and its driving me nuts,

When I create a document in design using letters with styles (wood effect, etc) in affinity its sharp, as soon as I import it (pdf) its pixelated when I enlarge it. This only happens when I use styles not when I use curves or flat letters. I've changed rgb settings, document size, everything. What am I doing wrong please.

Thanks 

Hi meester_gee, styles like wood textures use a raster image, sometimes these are quite small and do not enlarge very well. Styles contain other effects that are rasterised on export. I have just done a quick test and for my first export I had jpg compression set to 85% it resulted in a file size of 3.5mb, there was pixellation in the styles, even the style with no texture. My second export had no jpg compression, it resulted in a huge file 41.4mb, there was no pixellation in the style, at best I would describe it as slightly soft. 

You might need to do a few tests with the jpg compression in the PDF export box to find a balance between quality & file size.