You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Knife or cut tool for slices in export persona

Hi. 

Im having many people under me working on chinese e-commerce website “taobao”,  and how it works on sites such as this is you create a full and long page intro layout and you have to cut it vertically to pieces, export them to pics and upload them. 

The way my team is doing it now is by bringing the page design to export persona after design is done. And make slices one by one and adjusting every edge. This process although already good, i still believe it could be time consuming sometimes and more prone to human error. 

I believe there there was a knife tool where users could select one big slice and with knife cutting them to several pieces would help our workflow greatly. 

I understand this could be a niche request but the more time is passing. The more i see a need for this issue. This request is not only for desktop designer  but the whole designer photo suit could benefit it  

Thanks 

Make some objects the width of the slices you will need in Designer Persona, name them something like "For Slices 1" , "For Slices 2", "For Slices 3" etc. Their width is going to be the width of the slices. Go to the export Persona and use the Layers Studio to promote these layers to Slices(These are "Ghost" Slices used only to make the new actual slices you will export). Select them all and drag the bottom to the bottom of the page or however high you want them. Switch off the visibility of the objects Named "For Slices 1" etc  in Layers Studio. Use the Slices studio to make new slices which will be able to snap to the Ghost Slices. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi. Thanks for the workaround. My current workaround is to group them and select individual groups. (I use a transparent background shape for areas with blank background). I think that way may be less time consuming. Its a pretty first world problem to have i admit. But just happened to bump into  it alot lately.