You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

File Corruption 1.7.1

Using affinity publisher official release 1.7.1
Made some minor changes to a document (mostly spelling corrections) and tried to open the document again a few days later.

POP-UP:
Failed to open document
<file path>
The file appears to be corrupted.

I've tried opening the document with Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo and had the same message.
Is there a work-around I can use to recover my document? It's 36 page document I have to submit today.

• Staff

Hi Izzy,

Unfortunately it could be the case that you have to go back to an early version if possible, as it sounds like it might not have had a completely successful save and the document has become corrupted.

If you want to upload the file here we can take a look, but I can't say if we will be able to recover it.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hey Jon, thank yo for the speedy response.
I uploaded the document for you to look at.

I've already begun recreating the document from scratch, just in case :)

It's really strange, The app hasn't crashed once .

• Staff

Hi Izzy,

I'm afraid it looks fairly corrupt here, but I've asked the developers to take a further look and see if they can do anything, but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

When you were doing the last save, was it to a local drive? Cloud Storage? Removable storage? Any indications at all that something might have gone wrong with the save?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Thanks for the effort guys.
I managed to recreate the file, so luckily I can submit it (luckily I exported a PDF, which I used to copy the text)

It was stored on an external drive. Hopefully that won't happen to me again. I now incrementally save more copies as back-ups anyway.
If I experience the issue again I'll be sure to update it in this thread. Otherwise I've had flawless performance and I'm glad I have this application.