You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iconic fonts and template installation

I purchased the Photo, Design and Publisher programs today. The otf. fonts installed into Publisher with no problems. The inksy-street-art brushes installed in Photo with no problems. The iconic fonts and templates were in zipped format. I created a folder for each and unzipped the contents. The tempory folder contained 2 folders. One was _MAC08x which I'm assuming is for the Mac and each font was in a seperate folder thet contained the .ttf font and a text file. When the font is right clicked, it comes up with a preview and states that it is a ACDSee Ultimate 2018 font. I use this program for media management. Is there some way to manually install the 25 fonts into Designer? I'm not sure what to do with the templates. I've looked at the installation instructions and it doesn't mention templates. Are these considered assets? This is my first attempt at Affinity, I am switching over from CorelDraw. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You...

I am a Mac user so I can't help with installing fonts on Windows but the templates are just Affinity Designer files you open in the usual ways, like by double-clicking on one to open it in a new Designer window.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Thanks for the help. What I'm having a hard time understanding is the TVL.afdesign files. I can open the folder where I unzipped them, double click on one and choose Designer and the program opens and displays the template. Are these files only accessible outside of the program or is there a way to import them into Designer? It seems that you should be able to open Designer, select a template, view it and select it from within the program. I can find no mention of this on the internet. Forgive me for being slow. Thanks.

2 hours ago, hilander said:

It seems that you should be able to open Designer, select a template, view it and select it from within the program.

The usual way to open these (or any other) .afdesign files:

1. Open (run) Designer.
  2. From the File menu, choose "Open..."
  3. Navigate to wherever you have stored the TVL files
  4. Select one (or more) of them
  5. Click the "Open" button

Depending on your OS (Mac or Windows) in step 3 you can set the view to show previews or thumbnails of the files so you can see what each of them looks like.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 3 weeks later...

Just purchased Photo and Designer (1.7.1), went to install the FREE iconic fonts bundle with Designer and Apple Font Book reported a serious error for each and every font.
Any idea what might be causing this? Thanks!

(Mac OS 10.11.6, Dual Quad Core 2 x 2.8GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB, 26GB RAM, 751 fonts installed)

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 1.50.23 PM.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

If you haven't found another solution, perhaps this will help you:
Create a new folder and name it, for example, my-fonts. Open the supplied fonts folder in File explorer and type .ttf in the Search field. A list of all fonts appears. Now at the top of the File explorer click on the tab View and choose the best display size, eg Large. Select the fonts you like from the list and copy them to the new 'my-fonts' folder so you can install them in bulk.(that's not my original idea, I just noticed this option in a bulk installation)

Regards,
Swat