You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.2.1.25787)

Uh oh, so it was, snapping candidates of magentaish hue. However, why do they insist on staying visible no matter what is selected if anything?

It kind of looks like snapping candidates visibility tag (or somesuch) is not reset when object gets deselected, so these indicator lines keep piling up when I double click around the document. This does not happen in 1.2 where a click outside the selection clears the candidate marker lines.

• Staff

Hi hevonen,

The snapping candidates are not related with the objects being selected or not. It's an independent feature to help you align/snap to other objects when you need it. You can disable them in the Snapping options as MattP pointed out (View ▹ Snapping Manager..., uncheck Show snapping candidates). It also works this way in the Mac App Store version. If you are not seeing them there it's because they are disabled.

True, my mistake, behaviour is same in both versions. Though "snap to object geometry" lines only appear when the shape is first selected with the move tool (if inside group then by double clicking), not when the snapping is first enabled. Is this intended behaviour? Then user would need to click through every object he/she wants to see snapping candidates for.

Also, snapping lines do not seem to become visible for all objects or at least all the time.

• Staff

Though "snap to object geometry" lines only appear when the shape is first selected with the move tool (if inside group then by double clicking), not when the snapping is first enabled. Is this intended behaviour? Then user would need to click through every object he/she wants to see snapping candidates for.

Also, snapping lines do not seem to become visible for all objects or at least all the time.

This is all be design. The snapping guides (red and green lines) only appear for the object you are dragging, to help you align that object with the others on the page.

The purple lines around the shapes/objects show you which objects are currently on the Snapping candidates list (or are snapping candidates as you prefer). The maximun number of snapping candidates is six. That's why some objects don't get the snapping guides immediately - because they are not included in the snapping candidates list. This is to avoid a myriad of snapping guides from all objects on the drawing at the same time.

If you need to align an object to another that's not a snapping candidate, just mouse over it for a few seconds until a purple outline appear. When the purple line appears it means that object is now on the snapping candidates list and you can align your object with it (the snapping guides will appear for that object).

When a new object is added to the snapping candidates list (as i described above, or by creating a new object - all new objects are immediately added to the list) the first object on that list is dropped and so on.

There is something weird going on with the character panel font size text field. The first time I click it it doesn’t let me type in it.

Also sometimes when using the font list and clicking on one font family it auto-scrolls or something and selects something completely different. Often it changes the size as well for some reason.

Overall I think that panel is buggy and I try to avoid it.

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

https://www.behance.net/VladMafteiuScai

There is something weird going on with the character panel font size text field. The first time I click it it doesn’t let me type in it.

Also sometimes when using the font list and clicking on one font family it auto-scrolls or something and selects something completely different. Often it changes the size as well for some reason.

Overall I think that panel is buggy and I try to avoid it.

Me too! So, it isn't just me.

I just downloaded the new beta and tried out an isometric grid. I then used the polygon tool to draw on it, and it consistently crashes. Now I have tried to start up again, and it crashed again. There seems to be no way of making it work.... :-( 

I am using OSX Lion, previous betas and the MAS version worked OK before

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.