You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.2.1.25787)

• Staff

Purpose: Improvements, Features, Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer

Mac App Store: Not submitted

Download: https://s3.amazonaws...stomer Beta.dmg

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

This beta is another small update to the previous one. As I explained earlier this week, our public-facing efforts are currently concentrated on the impending release of Affinity Photo and making sure that Affinity Designer works alongside it smoothly. For anyone that missed my earlier announcements, you can them here and here...

Improvements, Features, Fixes

- Further improvements to vector export and export options.

- Added a button to the context toolbar of raster brush tools to force Pressure to act as the controller for size variance.

- Tweaked slider look.

- Fix for text composition issues on multi-lined Art Text objects.

- Attempt to make the colour picker work more effectively with tablets - it was tricky to release the stylus without moving and hence picking a colour that wasn’t the one you wanted!

- Fix for SVG export of selected region.

- Numerous bug fixes and stability improvements.

Just a little issue with the text tool, when using the font "CCWildWordsLower" (from ComiCraft) and the style Italic, the cursor is almost horizontal and longer than the text box is wide. Since this is a licensed font, I can send it to you for testing purposes.

I'm still around, making comics and hoping that, someday maybe, I can use AD/Affinity Publisher to letter comics...

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

Just a little issue with the text tool, when using the font "CCWildWordsLower" (from ComiCraft) and the style Italic, the cursor is almost horizontal and longer than the text box is wide. Since this is a licensed font, I can send it to you for testing purposes.

I'm still around, making comics and hoping that, someday maybe, I can use AD/Affinity Publisher to letter comics...

Yes please, the font would be useful.

What is preventing you from using Affinity to letter comics?

Yes please, the font would be useful.

What is preventing you from using Affinity to letter comics?

Well, I think the latest beta fixed that cursor issue. I downloaded a beta on friday before the most recent one was uploaded just hours later. So I got the "beta out of date" message, downloaded the new beta and the issue went away. The issue exists in the current MAS version, though.

As far as using AD to letter comics, have I got a laundry list for you ;D.  But currently the biggest hurdle is that there's no text styles for AD, which takes a bit of time when switching from one style (font, font size & style, color, etc) to another. 

I'll start a thread on it after Photo debuts. But until then, see Comic Life from Plasq.com for what I'm using now (it has styles for balloons and caption boxes -- includes both the shape and text, can import a script and drag-drop dialog/narration onto the canvas to make balloons / caption boxes, can contain multiple pages, etc). 

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

Hey Guys.

PS brushes import is a wonderful addition to this amazing application.

The problem is that importing a brush set into AfDes will not show in the brush list, though the same brush set will show (and work) in the AfPhoto.

Thank you again for your time and your amazing products.

I have a document set to 144 dpi but I have the document unit in pixels. When I export a png, it says it's exporting it at the proper document pixel size, but then the exported file is half that size. I feel like this app is getting steadily more buggy over time. I have to use the betas because the release version has a major bug (which you have since fixed) that stops me from using it.

Hi,

We are having major stability issues with the latest beta (and the one released slightly before this one).

We are trying to use at the moment and cannot perform even the simplest task e.g. unlock layer without it crashing!

I have copied the crash report but too long to post here. Can we send via email?

Please help!

Thanks

I am always happy when a new beta comes, new features, bug fixes, etc. For me is like a gift.

But this time the beta delete all my preferences, there is no more file thumbnails and Apple quick look don't show me more the file preview and it's a little bit unstable.

Have you made some important code changes?

• Staff

Hi @cocksy81,

Are you running Lion?

@psaldari,

This was needed to get both Affinity Designer and Photo Betas running from a clean state. This helps to prevent old settings/files from interfering/generating unexpected behaviours.

There was a message about the preferences being deleted in the dmg/installer. Didn't you see it? Seems some users somehow missed it. I'm sorry about the trouble.

post-59-0-03179600-1433609515_thumb.png

@psaldari,

This was needed to get both Affinity Designer and Photo Betas running from a clean state. This helps to prevent old settings/files from interfering/generating unexpected behaviours.

There was a message about the preferences being deleted in the dmg/installer. Didn't you see it? Seems some users somehow missed it. I'm sorry about the trouble.

Ops... my mistake I don't read this... sorry.

For the thumbnails and quick look there is a trick?

When is the next update coming? I reported a while ago some bug with PSD export. When opening in PS round corners are lost, fx drop shadow is lost, and I get a bunch of errors on opening.

This is critical guys....how am I supposed to deliver the working files when they are not properly working?

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

https://www.behance.net/VladMafteiuScai

• Staff

Hi Vlad,

Can you possibly send the file to me again? Something has happened to our support email and we're working on it right now but it means I can't see the file you sent me any more... I can ask Ben to look into this asap...

Thanks,

Matt

EDIT - Actually, ignore that, I can see that I'd previously sent the file to Ben - I'll check with him later and find out what's happening and try to get back to you. Thanks :)

It seems nested layers / objects / groups with layer masks keep drawing their selection outlines even when they are not selected, leading to a somewhat messy editing.

Repro case:

- make something with layered vector layer masks - layers that are masked with layers that are masked with layers

- double click something inside such layer to select it

- observe the lines that redraw themselves (panning causes them to be hidden but they are redrawn when panning is stopped)

- it seems to be impossible to hide these bluish outlines that now populate the drawing - reloading works but they appear again when something is selected

Same drawing opened with official version doesn't have this problem.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.