You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vertical Alignment of Text in Table

The move from beta to open has been very smooth for me... aside from this one issue. Before, when I set text in a cell of a table to be Vertically Aligned Center, it was actually in the center of the cell. Now, it acts like there's 'space after' that it needs to account for. I've checked all my settings and I cannot figure out why it's doing this. I've included examples of the same cell text being aligned top, middle, and bottom. As you can see, the middle is not actually centered, but the top and bottom alignments are fine.

I've even checked the text formatting of this cell and I don't see why it should be doing this weird thing with Aligned Center. Any idea what's causing this?

My current workaround is manually doing this with cell inset measurements... but some of my cells have more than 1 line of text, so the adjustment has to be made row by row. :-(

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 14.12.47.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 14.12.41.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 14.12.57.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 14.14.25.png

The font has not been changed. It's the same as the one I was using during the beta, which took the alignment without any issue. After the full release, suddenly all of the text that has 'align center' format applied jumps to the top of the cell. 

On 7/16/2019 at 11:23 AM, Jon P said:

Loquos do you mind uploading the publisher file demonstrating this here and I'll take a look.

Thanks

Uploading now. Please let me know if I'm missing an overriding setting somewhere. It seems to affect text frames as well. Some text frames with Style A won't align vertically correctly, while other text frames with the same Style A align vertically just fine. Would love to know what's going on. I'm including the whole file, which I should note was originally built in the Beta. So possibly there's some cleaning up to do that I've overlooked?

• Staff

Just been looking at the file and I think the baseline grid and table are interacting with each other. We have an issue logged to allow tables to ignore the baseline grid. I can see 2 workarounds

1) Turn on the baseline grid for the table and set the spacing to zero pt, this  seems to override the document settings 

2) Set everything else on the grid then turn it off and set the table how you want

And yes this will have changed during the beta due to another fix

On 7/19/2019 at 7:05 AM, Pauls said:

Just been looking at the file and I think the baseline grid and table are interacting with each other. We have an issue logged to allow tables to ignore the baseline grid. I can see 2 workarounds

1) Turn on the baseline grid for the table and set the spacing to zero pt, this  seems to override the document settings 

2) Set everything else on the grid then turn it off and set the table how you want

And yes this will have changed during the beta due to another fix

Thanks! I was wondering if I was overlooking some settings that were overriding each other, but couldn't for the life of me figure out what was fighting with what.