Patrick Connor

Report issues using Designer on iPadOS 13 Beta HERE

That's intentional? If you are not allowed to change the values until the shape is drawn, it's very confusing to offer those values to you, let you change them, and then snap them back to the default value. The inputs ought to be hidden, dimmed, disabled, locked, something to give you a hint that you are not allowed to interact with them yet. 

It's also inconsistent with other tools. I can change the stroke width without any item selected, and then that value is applied the next time I create a shape that has a stroke. 

It's also inconsistent with the desktop app where polygon sides and start points etc. may be input before drawing. 

I did try to get a video anyway, but with the Assistive Touch marker on, the selection bubbles don't seem to work and I can't draw. Is there another trick for showing touch inputs when getting a video?

1 hour ago, Horseflesh said:

That's intentional? If you are not allowed to change the values until the shape is drawn, it's very confusing to offer those values to you, let you change them, and then snap them back to the default value. The inputs ought to be hidden, dimmed, disabled, locked, something to give you a hint that you are not allowed to interact with them yet. 

I never said this was intentional, just wanted to confirm it was this behaviour that was causing it, and that it was not happening with a shape selected. This can be done on the desktop as you say so this is a bug with the iPad. I'll get it passed on to development.

9 hours ago, Sean P said:

I never said this was intentional...

Oh, good good, I misunderstood the combo of your post and a followup. Whew. Because that would have been bananas in pajamas. :)

7 hours ago, maricate said:

Lock aspect ratio is not working. Again.

Doesnt matter if I turn on/off the result is the same when I resize the polygons. 

Hi Maricate

Are you able to record a video showing this behaviour? I've just tried it myself and it seems to be working for me. Please note that the Lock Aspect Ratio in the Transform Studio is only used when you resize via the Studio. If you're resizing on the document using the object handles then 1 finger held down gesture will allow you to toggle Lock Aspect On/Off.

2 hours ago, haruna1221 said:

When entering characters in Japanese, only one character can be entered.

The same is true for Photo

Hi Haruna1221,

Are you referring to the input bar showing suggestions being missing? If so this is a known issue that is with development and should be fixed in the next release!

Dear @Sean P

Here's the video of the bug Haruna1221 encountered:
The video attached to the tweet shows the same symptoms as Haruna1221.
https://twitter.com/yuta_black/status/1176798234674515968

As for the details of the bug, I heard as follows.
"When you enter Japanese characters, only one character is displayed. Entering the second character overwrites the first character."

Thank you very much for that! I believe the issue I mentioned and the one shown in the video are essentially the same cause. I've just tested this on the current App Store build and can reproduce it using iPadOS 13.1. I've then tried a build with the Japanese Input fix in and can confirm I'm not limited to typing over the same character! So this should be fixed for you very soon!!