You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Report issues using Designer on iPadOS 13 Beta HERE

• Staff
On 8/11/2019 at 1:08 AM, Chris A said:

Okay so today I've got iOS 13 public beta 5 and the only problem I found with my Affinity Designer is that when I tap for "redo" (with 3 fingers), it says "nothing to undo" and the 3 tap gesture doesn't work.

On 8/11/2019 at 9:59 AM, SageBlue said:

I’ve also had issues With the Undo/Redo gestures in the current iPadOS public beta (version 5 from memory), with the latest Designer beta v1.7.2.

Thanks for letting us know. I've reproduced this and passed it on to development!

• Staff
13 hours ago, SageBlue said:

Hi team, 

Letting you know of a layer bug. File attached. I duplicated a layer of a rectangle that contains a gradient. When the original lower layer to ticked, the newer upper layer is heavily affected by the original lower layer when changing the new layer’s appearance.

Layer bug.afdesign

Would you be able to record a video showing the behaviour you're getting please? Everything seems to be working correctly. I did notice that your layer blend mode is set to Screen on that gradient layer so that will be working in conjunction with the layers below it.

• Staff
3 hours ago, SageBlue said:

Hi again team, 

Having an issue with a pixel layer. It was created from an unsaved Afdesign document, that was created by...

• importing an image from Photos.
  • I selected some of the contents, and refined the selection to another layer.
  • Copied the layer to the document that’s attached here.
  • I cannot select the layer normally, that should allow resizing/repositioning, whether on the canvas or through the Transform studio. 

Pixel layer.afdesign

You appear to have a single pixel raster selection in your document. Go to the Pixel Persona and do a long press and select 'Deselect' - you should now be able to select your object.

10 hours ago, Sean P said:

You appear to have a single pixel raster selection in your document. Go to the Pixel Persona and do a long press and select 'Deselect' - you should now be able to select your object.

Thanks Sean, that fixed it. In case it helps, this layer was fine and able to select it in the original afdesign document. I just copied the layer from the original document, and pasted into the document you have seen.

Going to work. I’ll get back to you on the gradient layer bug. 

Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo (iPadOS 14 beta, iPad Pro 12.9” - 3rd Gen)

• Staff
34 minutes ago, SageBlue said:

Hi Sean, 

Attached is the video of the gradient layer bug...

FullSizeRender.mov

Thanks for the video. That looks to be working correctly. The top layer has a Screen Adjustment which means the pixels will always be made brighter unless the below layer is completely black.

When there are no pixels to blend with (even if you have transparent background disabled), the blend mode will not have any values to calculate with and so treats it as though it was disabled.

On 8/14/2019 at 7:27 PM, Sean P said:

Thanks for the video. That looks to be working correctly. The top layer has a Screen Adjustment which means the pixels will always be made brighter unless the below layer is completely black.

When there are no pixels to blend with (even if you have transparent background disabled), the blend mode will not have any values to calculate with and so treats it as though it was disabled.

Hey Sean. I must have checked the blend modes in a previous video, and thought I did it in the Gradient layer vid as well. Getting some rest this weekend :68_sleeping:

On 8/11/2019 at 3:08 AM, Chris A said:

Okay so today I've got iOS 13 public beta 5 and the only problem I found with my Affinity Designer is that when I tap for "redo" (with 3 fingers), it says "nothing to undo" and the 3 tap gesture doesn't work.

Guys I have an update! Apparently in iOS 13 there are new gestures that can't be disabled atm. And these are Copy, Cut, Paste, Redo, Undo using the exact same gestures as in Affinity Designer and not only this program, every other program that supports these type of gestures are affected. Just saw this video, so Affinity Designer is fine, they just need to add a disable button in iOS 13!

Edited by Chris A

• Staff
3 hours ago, SageBlue said:

Hi team,

Attached is a video showing some Gradient controls being tricky to move. The end/stop points are fine in moving. The controls in between are tricky, hardly moving...

Gradient controls.mov

What device are you using to interact? If you pause briefly and then move it will display the colour picker instead of just selecting and moving the node/mid point. See if you is any better by not pausing. Alternatively try a tap and then drag see if that helps you any.

Certainly nothing feels different or out of the ordinary to me.

On 8/16/2019 at 10:02 PM, Sean P said:

What device are you using to interact? If you pause briefly and then move it will display the colour picker instead of just selecting and moving the node/mid point. See if you is any better by not pausing. Alternatively try a tap and then drag see if that helps you any.

Certainly nothing feels different or out of the ordinary to me.

Thanks for the ideas Sean. Using 3rd Gen iPad Pro 12.9”. I find having to drag almost immediately when tapping on the midpoint, otherwise the colour picker comes up like you said. I remember it used to be easier to move the midpoint. Will see if I can find another way, like the tap and then drag.

On 8/17/2019 at 6:02 AM, SageBlue said:

Thanks for the ideas Sean. Using 3rd Gen iPad Pro 12.9”. I find having to drag almost immediately when tapping on the midpoint, otherwise the colour picker comes up like you said. I remember it used to be easier to move the midpoint. Will see if I can find another way, like the tap and then drag.

Hi Team, 

Good news. Letting you know the midpoint movement issue has worked every time for something I worked on in iPadOS Public Beta 7!

I just fired up Designer 1.7.2.6 on my 12.9” iPad Pro 2018, public beta 7 (13.0 (17A5572a)). I’m experiencing a showstopper problem with changing tool settings. Any settings “bubble” as you see for the polygon tool in the attachment, cannot be changed from the default values. 

If you drag on the bubble, the numbers will change (albeit not smoothly) but when you stop dragging, nothing sticks. If you tap the bubble to use numeric entry, that change doesn’t stick either. 

All I wanted was a hexagon. :)

518C07F5-5829-40EB-81A4-1955A903142D.jpeg

• Staff
On 8/25/2019 at 3:58 PM, Horseflesh said:

Glad it isn't just me!

I looked at this issue some more and it isn't fair to say any settings bubble, but it is a lot of them. 

Would you be able to grab a screen recording (with Show Touches) enabled that demonstrates this issue please? I've tried it myself on both a 2018 11! iPad Pro nad a 12.9" older iPad Pro both running the same build of iPadOS 13 and cannot reproduce it.

I presume you had an object selected when attempting to change the sides of it? Or was you trying to do it prior to drawing/selecting a shape?

That's intentional? If you are not allowed to change the values until the shape is drawn, it's very confusing to offer those values to you, let you change them, and then snap them back to the default value. The inputs ought to be hidden, dimmed, disabled, locked, something to give you a hint that you are not allowed to interact with them yet. 

It's also inconsistent with other tools. I can change the stroke width without any item selected, and then that value is applied the next time I create a shape that has a stroke. 

It's also inconsistent with the desktop app where polygon sides and start points etc. may be input before drawing. 

I did try to get a video anyway, but with the Assistive Touch marker on, the selection bubbles don't seem to work and I can't draw. Is there another trick for showing touch inputs when getting a video?

• Staff
1 hour ago, Horseflesh said:

That's intentional? If you are not allowed to change the values until the shape is drawn, it's very confusing to offer those values to you, let you change them, and then snap them back to the default value. The inputs ought to be hidden, dimmed, disabled, locked, something to give you a hint that you are not allowed to interact with them yet. 

I never said this was intentional, just wanted to confirm it was this behaviour that was causing it, and that it was not happening with a shape selected. This can be done on the desktop as you say so this is a bug with the iPad. I'll get it passed on to development.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff
7 hours ago, maricate said:

Lock aspect ratio is not working. Again.

Doesnt matter if I turn on/off the result is the same when I resize the polygons. 

Hi Maricate

Are you able to record a video showing this behaviour? I've just tried it myself and it seems to be working for me. Please note that the Lock Aspect Ratio in the Transform Studio is only used when you resize via the Studio. If you're resizing on the document using the object handles then 1 finger held down gesture will allow you to toggle Lock Aspect On/Off.

2 hours ago, haruna1221 said:

When entering characters in Japanese, only one character can be entered.

The same is true for Photo

Hi Haruna1221,

Are you referring to the input bar showing suggestions being missing? If so this is a known issue that is with development and should be fixed in the next release!