You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Report issues using Designer on iPadOS 13 Beta HERE

• Staff
15 hours ago, Corena Gonzalez said:

I have been having this same issue for a couple of days now. Anytime I go to edit the font on my text, my ipad registers the pencil as if it's click on just the canvas itself and not the keyboard which makes the keyboard go away

IMG_2594.MOV . So it constantly ends up creating new text layers when that's not what i'm trying to do. I have deleted the app, did a hard restart on my ipad pro, close and opened the app and nothing changes. 

13 hours ago, SageBlue said:

Hi Sean, 

Thanks for the feedback and you’re welcome. Sorry for the delay, busy few days at work. 
This issue is with the formatting bar above the standard keyboard. Tried tapping a bit lower on the formatting bar for the font menu with no luck. The font menu never appears. It is as though the formatting bar is only visible, but not there to be touched in any way. Any tap on the formatting bar always causes the keyboard and formatting bar to close to the bottom of the screen. The same thing happens in iPadOS 13 Public Beta 3.

While tapping closes the keyboard, can still swipe left/right to change font size. However, the font size number stays the same during the swipe and only changes after finishing the swipe. The characters themselves on canvas, don’t change size at all.

Hope this helps.

Strange! Couldn't reproduce it on a 12.9" 1st Gen Pro using Beta 2, so then tried upgrading the 11" iPad to Beta 3 as I thought it was related to the newer hardware and was able to reproduce it. I then upgraded the 12.9" to Beta 3 and was able to reproduce it on that!

I'll get it passed on to development.

• Staff
13 hours ago, SageBlue said:

...whether from the brush studio or Fonts tab in Designer’s settings.

Are you saying that you cannot import Fonts either? If so where are they stored, iCloud, Dropbox, On my iPad etc?

20 hours ago, Sean P said:

Strange! Couldn't reproduce it on a 12.9" 1st Gen Pro using Beta 2, so then tried upgrading the 11" iPad to Beta 3 as I thought it was related to the newer hardware and was able to reproduce it. I then upgraded the 12.9" to Beta 3 and was able to reproduce it on that!

I'll get it passed on to development.

Good stuff Sean. Got fonts working now, so no need to focus on it. Thanks for asking. 

Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo (iPadOS 14 beta, iPad Pro 12.9” - 3rd Gen)

On 7/18/2019 at 1:50 PM, CharleyP said:

I’m wondering if the Affinity engine for iOS will be upgraded to sense mouse imputs. Id would be helpful for me when designing content on the iPad to allow my control to be more precise. It also would be helpful for folks using a trackpad due to accessibility issues.

Thanks!

Just to clarify, with the mouse pointer turned on in Preferences you cannot interact with any elements on the page. You can select tools, but not use them in the page itself. 

On 7/18/2019 at 1:50 PM, CharleyP said:

I’m wondering if the Affinity engine for iOS will be upgraded to sense mouse imputs. Id would be helpful for me when designing content on the iPad to allow my control to be more precise. It also would be helpful for folks using a trackpad due to accessibility issues.

Thanks!

Just to clarify, with the mouse pointer turned on in Preferences you cannot interact with any elements on the page. You can select tools, but not use them in the page itself. 

Erica,

My assumption is that the engine is not using the standard touch input APIs in iOS (perhaps for additional speed). It’s not a do or die feature but being able to move control points with a mouse is super handy. 
Thanks!

• Staff
21 hours ago, CharleyP said:

Hi CharleyP, 

Are you referring to Mac iPad Preferences? If so could you show me how to enable to this please? I've plugged a mouse in and enabled the pointer using AssistiveTouch in iPad Settings > Accessibility > Touch > AssitiveTouch and that functions ok for me - I can use all the tools etc!

Hi Sean,

Not on the Mac, just the iPad. I’ve used a wired mouse and a Bluetooth mouse. In Affinity Designer I can select tools but they don’t function on the canvas at all. I cannot create shapes, select object or nodes, etc. 

I’m using a 12.9” iPad Pro. I’ve tried it with Public Beta 3 and Public Beta 4. 

I tried Affinity Photo, same issue. 

• Staff
16 hours ago, CharleyP said:

1BD4916C-C7D5-4AF1-AAE8-4C9931AC213F.jpeg

Thanks for that CharleyP. have you tried the 1.7.2.4 build? I've looked at my settings and they're the same as yours! I've tried with both a USB Microsoft Mouse using Apples USB-C to USB-A adaptor and also Apple's Bluetooth Magic Mouse. How is yours connected, and what devices are you using? 

4 hours ago, Sean P said:

Thanks for that CharleyP. have you tried the 1.7.2.4 build? I've looked at my settings and they're the same as yours! I've tried with both a USB Microsoft Mouse using Apples USB-C to USB-A adaptor and also Apple's Bluetooth Magic Mouse. How is yours connected, and what devices are you using? 

Hi Sean,

I’m only on the 1.7.1 commercial release right now. I don’t have access to the beta channel. That’s explains it. My apologies if I’ve run you in circles. 

To answer your questions, I’ve used:

Apple Magic Mouse

Logitech MX Mouse

Logitech MX Master

Charley

• Staff
54 minutes ago, CharleyP said:

Hi Sean,

I’m only on the 1.7.1 commercial release right now. I don’t have access to the beta channel. That’s explains it. My apologies if I’ve run you in circles. 

To answer your questions, I’ve used:

Apple Magic Mouse

Logitech MX Mouse

Logitech MX Master

Charley

Ahhh yes! Just tried it on 1.7.1 and getting the behaviour you described! The good news is this should be fixed when we next roll out to the App Store :) Thanks for getting back to us!

• Staff
On 8/3/2019 at 10:31 AM, skull141209 said:

Here from public beta 4

as the beta 1. I can not use my mouse for pen tool.

I don’t know why but some people can do that well

I presume you are using the App Store version of Designer? If so it is a known issue that has now been fixed and will be made available in the next release.

An issue I’m having with the latest Designer 1.7.2 beta and latest iPadOS Public beta (5?), is opening documents from Designer’s welcome screen. When the Open window appears, the Recent tab works fine, the Browse tab is always blank. Been like this for over a day, including after reboots of iPadOS.

Hi team, 

Letting you know of a layer bug. File attached. I duplicated a layer of a rectangle that contains a gradient. When the original lower layer to ticked, the newer upper layer is heavily affected by the original lower layer when changing the new layer’s appearance.

Layer bug.afdesign

11 hours ago, SageBlue said:

An issue I’m having with the latest Designer 1.7.2 beta and latest iPadOS Public beta (5?), is opening documents from Designer’s welcome screen. When the Open window appears, the Recent tab works fine, the Browse tab is always blank. Been like this for over a day, including after reboots of iPadOS.

This seems to be a system-wide iPadOS issue. Same thing happens in Safari.

Hi again team, 

Having an issue with a pixel layer. It was created from an unsaved Afdesign document, that was created by...

• importing an image from Photos.
  • I selected some of the contents, and refined the selection to another layer.
  • Copied the layer to the document that’s attached here.
  • I cannot select the layer normally, that should allow resizing/repositioning, whether on the canvas or through the Transform studio. 

Pixel layer.afdesign