You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Report issues using Photo on iPadOS 13 Beta HERE

• Staff

If you are using the beta iPad OS 13 (iPadOS) and Affinity Photo does not function correctly as a consequence we would like the issues reported in this thread or post a link to the thread for others to find. Whether you are using the current Affinity Photo iPad Beta build OR the current Affinity Photo for iPad Release build this forum (and thread) is the place to report it, so we can work out if the problem is caused by the using the iOS beta or if it is true on iOS 12 also.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...

Running iOS 13 beta 2 on gen 3 12.9 ipad pro with AP 1.7.1. 

New to AP, well versed in PS. Experiencing severe inpainting lag and indefinite freeze on export to PSD. 

As for the inpainting lag, usually starts as expected if I flatten or rasterize first (would prefer not to have to that to begin with), but then incredible lag several brush strokes in. If I don’t flatten or rasterize, lag starts with the first brush stroke. Project only consists of 24 mp photo with 6 to 8 adjustment layers.

Also, unable to import *.cube luts; they are greyed out regardless of storage location.

Edited by Champagne Ivers

ipad pro 9.7 wifi 128gB user here.

I purchased affinity photo ipad for editing photos, but it lags and crash a lot

i have sonya6400

my current workflow is like these. i upload raw file(.ARW) from desktop  to google drive and make them availabke offline in ipad google drive, from google drive app i choose (open in) affinity photo, photo size is 24MB per photo. 6000x4000 pixels

it lags and hangs every now and then, as in everything stops for like 5-10 sec, i can change app though.

On 7/18/2019 at 4:09 PM, xTrinity said:

ipad pro 9.7 wifi 128gB user here.

I purchased affinity photo ipad for editing photos, but it lags and crash a lot

i have sonya6400

my current workflow is like these. i upload raw file(.ARW) from desktop  to google drive and make them availabke offline in ipad google drive, from google drive app i choose (open in) affinity photo, photo size is 24MB per photo. 6000x4000 pixels

it lags and hangs every now and then, as in everything stops for like 5-10 sec, i can change app though.

Are you on IOS 13 beta? And are you running the latest Affinity Photo beta? (The Store Version, lags for me as well a lot but its fixed in the beta) It runs super smooth here everything. I use 24MP Nikon RAW Files, doesnt matter from where I load them, iCloud or Nextcloud. 

Can you test to copy a RAW file to the iPad and open it from there, is it any better?

| https://www.instagram.com/lutz.heidbrink https://500px.com/lutzheidbrink | https://www.eyeem.com/u/pixelcoder | https://society6.com/pixelcoder 
iPad Pro 10.5 - iOS 11.4.1 - Affinity Photo 1.6.7 - Affinity Designer 1.6.0.35 :11_blush:

I have problem open many filetypes, like LUT, import macro.

The files are grayed out. Same problem if the file is local as from cloud. 

And when i "open from cloud" and do it from Google drive, i don't appers to save the file back (PSD-file). Works fine with iCloud

im on ipad os 13 beta 3 (Affinity photo 1.7.1)

• 2 weeks later...

IpadOS 13 Beta 4 Public on ipad pro 11 2018.

The ability to open a image directly from a usb drive or memory card etc shown in files would be perfect. Storage been limited on the ipad the ability to work directly from external storage would be superb. Atm the option to "Share to Affinity" from a file stored externally does nothing. it requires the file to be locally stored on on icloud. 

If selecting "from cloud" when creating new project obviously this opens the files app but does not display any usb etc devices. 

A slight work around i have done so far without having to import files to local ipad is to open files in slider and drag image across to a blank canvas in affinity but this means opening a random sized canvas to start. so size does not remain native. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...