You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher 1.7.1 crashes when selecting to paste

Affinity Publisher 1.7.1 crashes after I cut item selected in screenshot and then try to paste the item, either in text box or independently outside of text box, this has happened more than once.

See crash report attached that was "generated" after a crash caused by this. Crash report sent to Apple.

I can send file to an "Affinity Support Person" to see if they can repllicate same crash occuring. The information in this Affinity Publisher document is from a placed Word Document.

The file is on a remote windows Server, though I did a test with same file on Mac desktop, not on a remote server, and issue still occurs.

I look forward to a resolution to this.

At least I can carry on using Affinity Publisher, as this is a very "spcific cause" for the crashing. I just will not do this cutting to paste action on items like in screenshot, so as to not have this type of crash occuring.

Screenshot 2019-07-04 at 14.00.44.png

APUB crash-from pasting action.rtf

18 hours ago, Jon P said:

Hi Oridraw,

Can you upload the file used in the screenshot here so I can try reproduce it?

Thanks

Hi Jon,

I have uploaded "both files" in question:

• The Affinity Publisher file I created.
  • The Word document I placed into the Affinity Publisher file I ccreated.

To confirm this crashing I noticed occurs:

• When I cut table and then select to paste the same table into text flow of Affinity Publisher document or independentl outside of same document.
  • Or copied table and then select to paste the same table into text flow of Affinity Publisher document or independentl outside of same document.

You will find the specific table that I noticed this "crashing" occuring is on following pages of upoaded files:

• Page 3 of Affinity Publisher file.
  • Page 5 of Word document.

Please note, this "type of" crashing caused by copying or cutting this table, then selecting to paste the same table:

• May occur with other elements in the Affinity Publisher file that I uploaded, that has placed Word document contents in it.

Hopefully as I worked out what "triggers" this crashing, and the "trigger" does not need to be found, a way to fix this can be found more easily .

Good luck with a resolution. Will be interesting to know if others have been affected by same issue.

Thank you for interest.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Oridraw,

We have fixed the file. It had some tables with no table formats which isn't something that should be possible, did you do anything "unusual" with tables in this file when creating it? It will be hard fix the underlying issue without reproducing how this happened.

Thanks

Garvey Dixon - M27-SG-5 Ed July 2019-to Affinity (1) - fixed.afpub

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 11:35 AM, Jon P said:

Hi Oridraw,

We have fixed the file. It had some tables with no table formats which isn't something that should be possible, did you do anything "unusual" with tables in this file when creating it? It will be hard fix the underlying issue without reproducing how this happened.

Thanks

Garvey Dixon - M27-SG-5 Ed July 2019-to Affinity (1) - fixed.afpub

Hi Jon,

Thank you. I actually did not create the tables or Word document, the Word document with tables was supplied to me. Not sure if person who created this Word document did anything "unusual" with tables. I will post in forum again if I notice crash occurs again due to same reason (cutting and pasting table from inserted document in an Affinity Publsiher file).

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

We believe the issue has been avoided in 1.8.0 and some documents "damaged" by this problem will now load into the new version. [Publisher betas currently available if you care to check].

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon