You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Eskişehir / tramvay ağı / another transit map

transitdiagrams

Hi!

I do transit maps (diagrams) for fun in my spare time to relax.

Here is one I was doing on Monday and Tuesday and updated yesterday:

• It's my totally unofficial transit map showing the the tramway (light rail) network of Eskişehir, Turkey. It has quite an interesting system with many loops. And what's really nice is that they have  meter gauge.

Feedback, corrections, input is always appreciated.

Have a nice Thursday =)

eskiseyhir.jpg

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

1 hour ago, MattP said:

These look so cool! :)

Happy you like them :12_slight_smile:  thanks a lot!

PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

58 minutes ago, Roger C said:

@ChrisSmere

Beautiful work! Calm, cool and collected. Your Instagram page is delicious.

Were these all done in Designer?

You could post the San Francisco map here, as well. It looks remarkably like a Unicorn.:234_unicorn: Is that just coincidence?

Thank you @Roger C!

I guess the loops create a calming atmosphere! Appreciate your kind feedback!

It's wonderful that you like my Instagram collection - I am pretty proud of it and it's growing weekly! 

The maps I post here are some with Designer! Some older maps are from the times before Designer and done with Inkscape. But I am converting them map by map in Designer files.

My SF unicorn map? That's a coincidence which I only recognized later. But I chose to leave it like this as it's a pride themed map. Will post it next in a few days, if you like :12_slight_smile:

Chris

11 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Yet another lovely map.
It might sound childish but I found myself making “Oooh, Ahh, Whoh, Weeee” sounds (in my head) as I followed the lines and loops around the map, like I was on some kind of particularly-sedate roller coaster.
When a map makes you have fun reading it, you know you’re on to a winner. 

Thank you @GarryP!

Hehe, and as usual a very fascinating image your are giving about the vibe of my map =) like that! Thanks!!

Hey!

After some feedback I have updated the map :-)

What do you think?

PS: @GarryP now it's even more loopy :-)

eskisehir_original.jpg

Strap yourselves in; it’s gonna’ be an even wilder ride!
Even better than the first one.
And I like that you’ve added the arrows where necessary – Fatih (top-left) etc. – they make the map more usable (didn’t spot the need for them the first time round myself either).
My only concern, and to call it a concern is probably saying too much, is that at some of the stations – OGU, Opera, etc. – it sort of looks like if you stay on when the tram gets to them you’ll come back and stop at the same station again before going back the way you came. I don’t know if this happens in reality or whether it’s a problem; just thought I’d mention it.
Lovely stuff though.

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

Strap yourselves in; it’s gonna’ be an even wilder ride!
Even better than the first one.
And I like that you’ve added the arrows where necessary – Fatih (top-left) etc. – they make the map more usable (didn’t spot the need for them the first time round myself either).
My only concern, and to call it a concern is probably saying too much, is that at some of the stations – OGU, Opera, etc. – it sort of looks like if you stay on when the tram gets to them you’ll come back and stop at the same station again before going back the way you came. I don’t know if this happens in reality or whether it’s a problem; just thought I’d mention it.
Lovely stuff though.

Thanks again =)

Actually, many of these terminal stations are built exactly like this: on stop is for getting off and one is for gettting on but they are normally shown as a single stop - it's the last stop so it's fine, I think.

Really appreciate it!!

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

21 hours ago, GarryP said:

You're welcome. Looking forward to seeing the next one.

:-) have many more waiting for publication in this forum but I don't want to flood it with them so I am trying to keep a distance between posts.

Little teaser: The next one will be trolleybus and bus network map.