You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have 2008 15" MBP and a 2015 13" MBP.  Both running same OS and same version of AD.

When I click on an object in my document, one laptop will highlight it's color in the color palette but the other one will not.  The color does show up in the small color wheel next to the color picker icon on both. Do I have a setting turned off somewhere?

I have reset the 2008 MBP using Control key upon startup.

post-4966-0-00688300-1433427169_thumb.png

post-4966-0-75849600-1433427173_thumb.png

• Staff

I'm getting the same result as your 2008 MBP. Which ever System Palette I use, it doesn't reflect the colour of the currently selected object. However, If I use an Application or Document palette, the correct colour is selected.

Did you import the colour palette directly into AD on both machines? Perhaps you could reset AD on your 2013 MBP to see if it stops working ;) 

I'm getting the same result as your 2008 MBP. Which ever System Palette I use, it doesn't reflect the colour of the currently selected object. However, If I use an Application or Document palette, the correct colour is selected.

Did you import the colour palette directly into AD on both machines? Perhaps you could reset AD on your 2013 MBP to see if it stops working ;)

Yes, color palette was directly imported.  I'm a little afraid to reset the newer MBP since it's working on that one.  It does work on the native palettes on both machines but I find it odd that it doesn't work on imported palettes on one of my machines.

• Staff

I'm a little afraid to reset the newer MBP since it's working on that one. 

That's understandable. You could add the colour palette as an Application Palette on both machines while I investigate further - this seems to work OK.

Which OS are you using?

That's understandable. You could add the colour palette as an Application Palette on both machines while I investigate further - this seems to work OK.

Which OS are you using?

10.3.3 Yosemite.  Yes, I can confirm that it seems to work when set as an Application Palette but not as a system palette.  I can't ask for more than that.  I'm happy that at least I can re-import my palette as an application palette and it will work. That was the difference between the two computers even though the snapshots don't show it.  Thanks for your help!