You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Seamless vector pattern tool with tiling options

I would love for Affinity Designer to have a seamless pattern tool similar to Illustrator where you can have different tiling options and the ability to move elements around. I design patterns for fabric and once Affinity Designer gets this function, I can finally ditch Illustrator. I am new to Affinity Designer so if there is a good option until that happens, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

• 2 years later...

Unfortunately, this workflow requires a lot of manual adjustments to get them right. In Illustrator, you would only have to create the portion of the pattern that you want to tile (i.e. repeat) and the software then applies this pattern across the shape. When, for instance, you create a pattern for a complex shape, tiling symbols and clipping them to the shape's boundary, wouldn't be something you want to be doing. Rather, you would want to create a pattern and apply it to a shape as 'fill'.

Imagine creating a hatch in a CAD program where you would have to tile symbols... Ideally Designer could be used to create hatches for CAD drawings, since it has so much more creative control that way.