You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to open or save network drive files

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi ErrolvB,

Thanks for getting in contact with us and I also apologise for the delay in responding.

The Errno 13 means that permission is being denied on the network drive. I presume you're able to navigate and save there without problems in Finder and other applications?

Are you able to give us some more information on your network and share setup please?

1. What kind of hardware is the shared drive, is it a NAS drive or something else?
  2. What is the share type? Is it SMB, AFP, NFS or something else? 
  3. What is your OS and version
  4. If possible have you tried rebooting the device or server (if possible) the shared drive is stored on, as it looks like the server has retained a lock and it is stuck.
  5. Can you save to a new path locally or on the same share? Does this happen when trying to save a new file?
  6. Any more information of both your and your network setup that could be helpful?

Thanks again your patience.

• 1 month later...

1. Yes NAS Drives (Netgear) that are accessible through finder etc.

2. SMB

3. macOS Mojave 10.14.6

4. Yes tried complete shut down and start again

5. Yes I can save to new path on the Mac but not on 

6. I can 'see' the files and folders on the network drives in the open/save/save as/ export commands

7. A zero byte file is created then this message comes up. If I export to my Mac a file is created with no problem.

image.png.0d2cf3ef3d75fb3f39f0daac1abc14f1.png

Edited by ErrolvB
additional info

Hello,

I have a similar experience with a Netgear ReadyNas 102 device using CIFS/Samba shares.

I cannot open Affinity documents, or  drag and drop a JPG / BMP /TIFF files from this NAS. But! I can open PSD files...

No problem when using AFP shares, or on a Windows 7 share.

Affinity Designer, Photo or Publisher : same behaviour.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Just an update (this problem is still present with Affinity 1.8.3 series), I set up a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian with a Samba share. I can open/save my Affinity documents on this share.

But still unable on the Netgear... Something to inquire there.

Edited by pakunoda
This thread started for the 'pre 1.8' Affiinity release, I precise the problem shows also with 1.8.3

• 5 months later...

I'm having the same problem on my Mac. And it is indeed Netgear NAS-specific. I can save documents with Affinity programs to smb shares on other devices. But it is also specific to Affinity programs because I can create, save, and open documents using other Mac software. This kills the workflow when I need to make local copies every time I edit a document. It would be great to understand what's causing it and possibly fix it.

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem. I use TrueNAS-12.0-U2.1 I double checked the permissions, and I have all permission activated. Strange is that I have this problem only with affinity software, I tried to open files and save them with other software and there it goes without any problem.