13 hours ago, Lagarto said:

There might be a bug in Publisher as it currenly does NOT remove the tag even if the Replace field is left empty, if the replacement contains a style criterion

I do believe this is on purpose — just imagine you want to replace the format of all paragraphs starting with "Hello" and Publisher accidentally deletes all the Hellos ... in an earlier discussion, I suggested a special character or code that will delete the found text (=tag), so that the user CAN delete it during can-replace but must do it on purpose.

I have just done a 48page catalogue with find-replace and it worked fine — while proper tagged import and plugins would be swell, for starters, I would be happy with a simple recording/macro feature so that I can save my find-replace commands and just call them up for the next publication.

By the way: I use TextSoap for my cleaning and sometimes, late at night, dream of the good old Corel Database Publisher — best importer I have ever useed!

59 minutes ago, Jens Krebs said:

I do believe this is on purpose — just imagine you want to replace the format of all paragraphs starting with "Hello" and Publisher accidentally deletes all the Hellos ... in an earlier discussion, I suggested a special character or code that will delete the found text (=tag), so that the user CAN delete it during can-replace but must do it on purpose.

I have just done a 48page catalogue with find-replace and it worked fine — while proper tagged import and plugins would be swell, for starters, I would be happy with a simple recording/macro feature so that I can save my find-replace commands and just call them up for the next publication.

By the way: I use TextSoap for my cleaning and sometimes, late at night, dream of the good old Corel Database Publisher — best importer I have ever useed!

Yes, definitely, I'm sorry to have utterred this nonsense, it has been tried to be nullified many times in this thread, I guess three or four times already by myself ,-) 

Nice to hear about excellence of good old Corel products. I've used CorelDraw since version 1.0 and occasionally keep on upgrading it. Still a great tool if you know your stuff. Excellent scripting capabilities not found in anything else in the industry.

1 hour ago, MikeA said:

Did plugin developers for QXP (or other page-composition programs) also go to some kind of subscription model?

Not directly. But each new version of QXP also typically requires new versions of all plug-ins, at pretty much the price of the initial purchase, even if there are no other changes than updating the compatibility flag.

As I have myself developed InDesign plug-ins, I know that version upgrades may require significant changes in code  so sometimes the requested upgrade price is well-based.  But upgrading became expensive and you most often felt that you got nothing new, so you basically paid for maintaining the basic operability. It was kind of a subscription price, and it still is with QXP, whatever they want to call it.