You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Histogram and layer thumbnails

Hi,

I am very satisfied with Affinity Photo and I have stopped using other softwares. However, I am facing two problems quite often. 

1) While using Levels and Curves adjustment layers, many times I do not see the histogram in the adjustment window. 

2) Many a times, layer thumbnails remain grey and do not show the small pixel image, also mask thumbnail also remains grey and it becomes impossible to know if the mask is white or black, and I have to check by pressing Alt + click on thumbnail. 

please help.

Regards,

Jitendra

no histogram.jpeg

blank layers thumbnails.jpeg

• Staff

Hey Jitendra,

The first issue you have raised was mentioned a week or two ago which I logged with the developers. What I noticed is that if you open an image and see its Histogram, when you open another image you initially see the previous images Histogram and then it either updates or you see nothing. One user reported this was left for 20+ mins without it ever updating.

In the Develop Persona, we give the Histogram additional CPU power to update and display however this is not true for the Histogram in the Photo Persona where we can afford it to have a slight delay. However, by 'slight delay' I mean a second or two.

The second issue is also known about. I shall bump both reports. 

Are you using Medium or Large thumbnails?

• Staff
16 hours ago, drjskatre said:

Thanks for the answer chris B. I use mediaum thumbnails.

Thanks for confirming. It looks like Medium and Large thumbnails are the cause. Would you mind trying the Small setting just to see if it happens? I can't find a way to reproduce it but I have had it happen to me randomly.