You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to copy AP Develop Persona settings from one pic to others

I've probably missed this is the help file, and probably didn't phrase the question correctly in my forum search (or I was not in the same forum: more than one might apply).

Scenario

Imagine I've taken 20-50 photos with a given lens or lighting setup in one scenario, then another whole set of images with a different lens (or lighting setup). Not so unusual.

Steps in AP Developer

The first time I open an image in the Develop Persona I can't predict what settings will be needed: I must interactively adjust them to get it to its best, so I do so...

Problem

Then, now that I know that my following 19-49 images will be fairly similar, how can I copy just certain Develop Persona settings from the first image (above step), and paste them over to other images? Or even just the next image from the set that I've opened?

It's definitely possible with other apps, and I'm sure it's probably possible with AP too, but I've failed to find it. Hoping a friendly user can direct me to the correct phrasing to use (for either a forum or the online help), and I can run with it from there...

Thanks in advance!

8 minutes ago, Wumpus said:

Steps in AP Developer

The first time I open an image in the Develop Persona I can't predict what settings will be needed: I must interactively adjust them to get it to its best, so I do so...

Problem

Then, now that I know that my following 19-49 images will be fairly similar, how can I copy just certain Develop Persona settings from the first image (above step), and paste them over to other images? Or even just the next image from the set that I've opened?

Do step one and save the different tabs' settings as Presets before developing. then you have to apply the presets to each subsequent Raw file one by one. No batch process is available, yes this is a big drawback and I can see no reason why it can't work.

Caveat: White Balance cannot be used as a preset, they are aware of this and are working on it.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Thank you very much, @Old Bruce !

I think I may have tried that once as I was beginning to learn AP (still no expert by any means), but each 'saved preset' of a dozen apiece is typically an ad hoc/one time setting, never needed again, and in a busy weekend of processing, you could end up with laundry lists of co-dependent presets (and not enough horizontal real estate to create a naming scheme to organize and differentiate them all). I recall I couldn't find an easy way to delete all those accumulated "one-time presets" en masse, so I had plum forgot about that option. Thank you again!

It is certainly better than nothing, and will certainly save me a lot of time. I wonder where I could 'prune' that list weekly to remove all the superfluous presets?

(haha) ...and sorry for all the fruit expressions.