You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

in the AP workbook I'm doing the 'Mam Tor' exercise starting at P.138, and have the .afphoto file loaded next to it for comparison. everything looks exactly the same as the snapshots in the .afphoto, up until when I get to the 'more tonal tweaks' part. mine, with exactly the same settings (checked it twice) I get a far more dramatic 'cold' look then what I see in the correspoinding snapshot of the .afphoto file. I even downloaded the source files again to be sure they were not compromised.

Are the effects of the Selective Colour Adjustment Layer stronger in ver. 1.7.1 than what they were at the time the book was made perhaps?

Edited by Loek

8 hours ago, Loek said:

Are the effects of the Selective Colour Adjustment Layer stronger in ver. 1.7.1 than what they were at the time the book was made perhaps?

Stronger, or at least different. I can't remember if it is something I saved or it came in the download, but I have a mam_tor worked example.afphoto file on my drive, with all the steps performed in a pre- 1.7 version of Affinity Photo. When I open it in 1.7.1 on my Mac, the Layers panel looks like this:

1494204962_mam-torLayerspanel.jpg.30dcd393082b2922c196ec3981dd4b4f.jpg

Note both Selective Color & HSL Shift adjustments are identified as "Legacy" ones. If I hide the Legacy Selective Color layer & create a new one, the results are indeed more dramatic/colder when using the book settings.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

@R C-R Thank you for your response, that was very helpful. I'm completely new at photo-editting so the first thing I think of when something unexpected happens is that I must have done something wrong. That the effect can be reproduced on another machine means nothing went wrong on my end ;)

Thanks again,

L