You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text vector don't have spaces and i must put spaces by hand

So, i made an example vector text for webpages,
the problem is when i select it i notice it haven't got spaces (it's hard to select by mouse so try Ctrl+A to see what i mean...open it with internet explorer, edge, mozila firefox or google chrome to see it in a browser and check it)
It's a vector text that says "Text on curve - vector graphics for webpages" (curving like wave)

from "Text on curve" i have put the spaces manually by opening the svg in the notepad++ while i haven't done anything to the rest text.
you can see it does selects spaces from "Text on curve" but it doesn't select spaces from " - vector graphics for webpages"

what should i do in order to export spaces too so, the user can copy-paste with the spaces on the text?
Thanks!

btw i'm on 1.6.5.135 version of affinity designer

edit: i updated to the last version 1.7.1.404 and it still exports text spaces wrong.

text on curve - vector graphics for webpages.svg

The test1 is how it shouldn't be exported, the spaces are missing in the code and when you press Ctrl+A you can see there are no spaces, you can also try to copy after Ctrl+A and then paste it somewhere and see what's wrong since it will be all the text spaceless

and the test2 (i fix it by hand after finding 1-1 letter and putting the spaces in the notepad++) is how it should be exported, the spaces aren't missing in the code, when you press Ctrl+A you can see there are the spaces, you can also try to copy this one and then paste it somewhere and see there is nothing wrong with it since the spaces are just right there, it's not like the 1st one

But i don't want to fix them by hand one by one, it should be right after exporting and no manual fix should needed...

...At least put an option that doesn't remove spaces or putting spaces as text, blank text, vector or just blank vector (or something like that's fully compatible with all browsers)

Any help on how to export spaces without needing to fix them by hand by the way??

test1.svg

test2.svg

It would help if you would also share your .afdesign file, so we can see what you're starting with not just what you're ending up with.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks. That's interesting.

It appears that Designer exports the text as individual letters, and simply positions each where it needs to be. And as it's positioning them, it apparently doesn't think it needs to include the spaces; it simply adjusts the position of the following letter to make it look like there's a space.

I don't know if that is correct handling or not. Someone who knows more about SVG may have some thoughts.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

19 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Thanks. That's interesting.

It appears that Designer exports the text as individual letters, and simply positions each where it needs to be. And as it's positioning them, it apparently doesn't think it needs to include the spaces; it simply adjusts the position of the following letter to make it look like there's a space.

I don't know if that is correct handling or not. Someone who knows more about SVG may have some thoughts.

Correct handling or not i think affinity should allow us choose what to do with the spaces at the export (to include spaces or not include) with a tick box.

Isn't it?

Is there a reason you are using SVG?

Have you tried using PDF instead?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 hour ago, firstdefence said:

Is there a reason you are using SVG?

Have you tried using PDF instead?

i will be working with svg so this is the reason that i want this specific file format, i will need to put the vector to a webpage as html code and select a part of it. I can't do the same with pdf

for example i may want to change the color of some letters slowly slowly as the user scroll, hover, press a button or anything else someone can do, so i need to put a transition select what i want to change the color, i may for example change "stroke:#006bff;stroke-width:0.81px" to "stroke:#000000;stroke-width:0.1px" to make it smaller and black as the user do something.

I can't do that with a pdf so, i need svg (i already will have enough code to think and type i can't everytime search and correct spaces)