You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

We can insert page numbers in publishers, but it remains either on the left side or right side of the page.
How can we swap it on the left side and right side on alternate pages?
Because in the document for left side page, we need page number on left, and on the right side, the page needs page number on right.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

• Staff
8 minutes ago, mac_heibu said:

Simply insert the field „Page Number“ on both pages of your facing page master spread.

Or have a left single page master and a right single page master non-facing page model, but a facing page master approach is by far the best.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 5 weeks later...
17 hours ago, mrmacpherson said:

Hi, I'm also having this problem. The difference being I want to use a single page master and have my page numbers automatically placed odd / even on different sides of my subsequent pages. If anyone can advise that would be great. Thanks for your help. Ewan

You can't. That's what the facing pages master is for. Just duplicate your things from one side to the other in the master.

Apparently you can in fact do it, check a few commends down :)

Edited by m.vlad
Oops I was wrong
Mădălin Vlad
Graphic Designer

8 hours ago, m.vlad said:
10 hours ago, mrmacpherson said:

Hi, I'm also having this problem. The difference being I want to use a single page master and have my page numbers automatically placed odd / even on different sides of my subsequent pages. (...)

You can't. (...)

Yes, we can. – You simply need to use one of the two Align ... Spine options:

521998890_alignspine1.jpg.9b3d3b3512efcf4a90a4660be5fa33a1.jpg   1979915680_alignspine2.jpg.59ba1bc43be73e9f4a8e241ebda6e836.jpg

976861749_alignspine3.jpg.7f3b77a1d69713aa720d1b04cc8452ed.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1