You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer not recognizing input from Citiq

Attempting to evaluate Affinity Designer to switch from Illustrator to AD. Great so far, but one issue:

24" DTK-2406 is not recognized as a pen input. Only draws straight lines from the first point touched to the last point where the pen is lifted. I need to freehand some vectors and without the pen, I will have to go back to Illustrator.

NOTE: The pressure input works with Affinity Photo just fine.

AMD Radeon RX-480 4 GB
Dell XPS I7-7700 @3.6 GHZ

Windows 10 Home

Edited by BDPatton

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi BDPatton

Welcome to the Affinity Forums! There is a known issue that can cause tablets to do this if you change focus and click inside the title bar (or anywhere that isn't inside the document area). This is with development to be fixed, but in the meantime if you open up the Wacom Tablet Properties and go to either the Mapping or Calibrate tab (what ever is the end tab) and untick 'Use Windows Ink' this will allow you to use the software without fear of bumping into this issue!

I followed your instructions. I am still only getting a straight line with my pen. Point 1 is where I touch the pen to the screen, point 2 is where I lift my pen.

I guess I will have to wait to purchase until you guys get this fixed. I need to freehand draw with my pen.

Thanks,

Billy

• Staff
7 hours ago, BDPatton said:

I followed your instructions. I am still only getting a straight line with my pen. Point 1 is where I touch the pen to the screen, point 2 is where I lift my pen.

I guess I will have to wait to purchase until you guys get this fixed. I need to freehand draw with my pen.

Thanks,

Billy

I presume you've restarted the app after disabling Windows Ink? Have you updated to the latest Wacom Drivers? Lastly have you enabled 'High prevision tablet input' in Preferences > Tools - if so try disabling that!

• 5 months later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Wacom Tablet starts drawing straight line after changing focus) of the program in the latest Windows customer beta of Affinity Photo and/or Affinity Designer. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below. However, you will need to enable Windows INK inside the Wacom Mapping tab. 

The 1.8.0.526 beta builds are in links at the top of these beta forum posts.

Once these programs have been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.8.0 update/patch to all customers.